Sebenza 31 - ‘official’ photo gallery.

The one-piece inlay is growing on me. Something I had hoped wouldn't happen...

I’m wanting another in wood. Just waiting for stock to replenish at dealers so I can pick one out. I love these inlays much better than the 2 piece split front. I think it has more flow. (Not that Progressive Ins. beotch lol)

I’m liking the one piece inlays. Haven’t seen one in person tho. I always preferred the look of the Inkosi inlays of the 21. I haven’t always been the biggest fan of the edge cut micarta but all the natural ones I’ve seen just look real good

I think I need to discuss something with the 31. I was disappointed to see the absence of the machining hole when it was first unveiled. I thought it added more visual appeal than if it wasn't there. Though with that being said, when I removed the lanyard pins on my 21's I always had to put a blank pin back in because I thought it looked weird having two holes. But I've found on the 31 I can remove the lanyard and not feel the need to reinstall a blank pin. That's on the plain version anyway. Maybe on an inlaid 31 I'd think it still looks better filled with a pin.

vEtQEEe.jpg

sailfish sailfish when I removed my lanyard, I thought it looked better with the pin put back in. Makes it more uniform to my eyes since the rear frame screw and pin sort of “match” the layout of the pivot and lock bar screws (other than the spacing being off). On yours though it looks just fine, I think the inlay does make the difference.

I’m liking the one piece inlays. Haven’t seen one in person tho. I always preferred the look of the Inkosi inlays of the 21. I haven’t always been the biggest fan of the edge cut micarta but all the natural ones I’ve seen just look real good

Ive seen some black ones that look real good too, especially the lighter colored inlays. They almost have a silver tint to them that pairs with the colors of the steel and titanium really nice. Of course these were pics, not in hand.

sailfish sailfish when I removed my lanyard, I thought it looked better with the pin put back in.
Was that on a 21 or 31?

Makes it more uniform to my eyes since the rear frame screw and pin sort of “match” the layout of the pivot and lock bar screws (other than the spacing being off).
I know that's part of it. The inlaid models are already more ornate as it is, so having that nicely machined pin to add a balanced, trapezoidal screw layout definitely adds to the look. On the stripped down, utilitarian plain model though I don't think the empty lanyard hole takes anything away (on the 31).

I decided I wanted more color to the scales vs that dry look that this rough canvas micarta takes on. I taped the frame off, lightly sanded my way through 400, 600, 1000, 1500, and 2000, finishing with a buffing. This makes a uniform surface of the micarta and sort of seals off the fibers as you work through them. It creates much more depth and turned my scales a nice brown color that hasn’t faded with pocket carry.

Pics don’t do it much but you can see the big difference if you look at the edge of the inlays. I left those untouched as I didn’t want to scratch any of the titanium trying to work such a small surface and I think it makes a nice border.

These pics are with no editing at all so the difference can be seen.

Before with the dry look:

7k2GY5C.jpg

After the sanding and buffing:

IrzoW9i.jpg

5hcCwwe.jpg

DtzPLyx.jpg

g1BkL2D.jpg

Back