Sebenza 31 Lock Rock?!

Did they address or acknowledge the lock-rock?
I really want to bite the bullet and order a 31, but i'd be extremely disappointed if it arrived with LR.

Did they address or acknowledge the lock-rock?
I really want to bite the bullet and order a 31, but i'd be extremely disappointed if it arrived with LR.

Just buy one already. There’s many more out there without an issue than there are with an issue. If you get one you don’t like, send it back.

I think that they resolved the issue for the most part. Much less in the terms of issues lately it seems. From the lack of posts in this thread. Still disappointed in the lack of response in this thread. But willing to give CRK another try with a new 31!

I have yet to add a Sebenza 31 to my collection but I’m about to order one (lock rock or not). And an Inkosi too. I just hope the Inkosi and 31 have the same hydraulic-type opening and closing action as my tried and true 21’s.

I've owned both the Sebenza 21 and Inkosi and their opening and closing action feel very different because of the big ceramic ball.

I've owned both the Sebenza 21 and Inkosi and their opening and closing action feel very different because of the big ceramic ball.
I’ve heard that a couple times. I’m a big fan of the 21’s tight yet glass-smooth action. I wonder if the 31 feels similar to the 21 or more like the Inkosi?

I’ve heard that a couple times. I’m a big fan of the 21’s tight yet glass-smooth action. I wonder if the 31 feels similar to the 21 or more like the Inkosi?
I had a couple of small Inkosi's but sold them. I currently have a small Sebenza 21 WC and bought a small Sebenza 31 PJ as a user instead of carrying the WC. The 21 and 31 action is a little different both in feel and sound. I think the action on the 31 feels/sounds more (solid?) like the small Inkosi.

Well…now I’m just utterly disappointed.

CRK has said that the issues with the 31 are all figured out. I decided to pull the trigger on a L Micarta in S45V…mine is dated A21.
Just received it in the mail yesterday…and I am not happy. This is my third 31…first one had major issues and was sent back to the mothership. Came back in acceptable shape. Second one is an inlay and has lockflex but is acceptable, I guess.

This new 31 has lockflex…and…out of the box, 100% lockup. Lockbar looks 80% but the ball is touching the washer. Not impressed. This one is going back to the store.

Three strikes and your out. No more 31’s for me. 😕 Not sure why they had to go and change a good thing. It is what it is.

42720E85-C00B-4DDC-8C10-CB671CC6276F.jpeg1B2AD1BC-5DDC-4203-B210-5580B5B9EC5D.jpeg

That is insane Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery . What happened to the QA process?

I have my forth 31 coming. A large box elder in S45VN. Crossing my fingers. The first two I bought have more lock movement, and my third is just about perfect with no movement unless you force it.

They have all needed locktite on the stop pin though, which I am not happy about.

That is insane Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery . What happened to the QA process?

I have my forth 31 coming. A large box elder in S45VN. Crossing my fingers. The first two I bought have more lock movement, and my third is just about perfect with no movement unless you force it.

They have all needed locktite on the stop pin though, which I am not happy about.
I hear ya. Don’t get me wrong…I wanted to love the 31. But these QC issues have me out on this model. I mean…I’ve tried 3 times. Haha.

Sorry to hear this Sharp&Fiery

just last week, I saw a PJ 21 sell for $700. I thought that was crazy….but I suspect that may not be so out of touch now 😕

I have a large 31 that shares my birthday from July of last year. It's more solid than a couple of my 21s. I carry it more often than my 21s or my Inkosi. I trust it implicitly. Lots of people bitch online when they don't like something. Fewer compliment when they do. Here's a compliment. I love my 31, and it's rock solid in all directions. If you have one you don't like, return it, get it repaired, or sell it. No need for a 75 page bitch fest to a bunch of people who can't solve your problem for you.

Well…now I’m just utterly disappointed.

CRK has said that the issues with the 31 are all figured out. I decided to pull the trigger on a L Micarta in S45V…mine is dated A21.
Just received it in the mail yesterday…and I am not happy. This is my third 31…first one had major issues and was sent back to the mothership. Came back in acceptable shape. Second one is an inlay and has lockflex but is acceptable, I guess.

This new 31 has lockflex…and…out of the box, 100% lockup. Lockbar looks 80% but the ball is touching the washer. Not impressed. This one is going back to the store.

Three strikes and your out. No more 31’s for me. 😕 Not sure why they had to go and change a good thing. It is what it is.

View attachment 1608101View attachment 1608102
Jesus that is just crazy. Theirs a reason no one will pry my two 21s from my cold dead hands! I never really cared for the 31 from the beginning anyways..

I prefer my 31 over my 21 but they are both good knives. I just can't believe how unlucky Sharp & Fiery has been with the 31s. That said, I asked the seller to inspect the 31 lockup before sending it to me.

I prefer my 31 over my 21 but they are both good knives. I just can't believe how unlucky Sharp & Fiery has been with the 31s. That said, I asked the seller to inspect the 31 lockup before sending it to me.
This is what I chalk it up to…unlucky for some reason on this model. I just decided to post my unfortunate events. Haha.
Gonna stick with my 21’s for now. Can’t teach and old dog new tricks, I guess.

I think I will keep my perfect small and large 21s also. Wanted to trade for a PJ 31 damascus, but might be a bad idea.

This is what I chalk it up to…unlucky for some reason on this model. I just decided to post my unfortunate events. Haha.
Gonna stick with my 21’s for now. Can’t teach and old dog new tricks, I guess.

3 bad knives out of 3 is not “bad luck”.

CRK - acknowledge the issue & correct it.

“Hoping for a good one” is not what won you manufacturing awards & devoted customers year after year.

Sharp & Fiery, you have my condolences. Something is just going wrong at CRK. That photo of the detent ball touching the opposite side washer is very damning of CRK’s quality control/assurance department.

Back