Sebenza 31 - Only 8 days to go.

Adamar

Gold Member
Based on my order date of 6/11/19, and the stated lead time of 4 months on the receipt, the plain 31's should be ready to go next week. Right?

We shall see. But I just talk to Christopher over at CRK about a week ago in regards to my order and he was of the opinion that they were more in the range of Q1 of 2020

unfortunately I believe those timelines start when production of the 31’s start, not from when you placed the order. You might want to call and clarify

I placed my direct order for a large micarta inlay 31 within a couple minutes from when the 31 appeared on the CRK website. I was sitting there, waiting for the 31 to show and refreshing the CRK website home page every 30 seconds or so. As of earlier this week, CRK told me my estimated shipping time frame was in the January-February ballpark (roughly speaking, without major problems or delays, etc). When I changed my order to a Boomerang Damascus blade, that got my estimated shipping time frame dropped back to the March-April time frame, and that was without changing my place in line. That was just the add-on caused by opting for the Boomerang Damascus. The PJ’s will ship earlier, but only time will tell just exactly what “earlier” will end up meaning.

There is an alternative to the waiting game, though. Be one of the first attendees through the door at Blade West or NYCKS, sprint straight to the CRK tables and grab one before they all disappear.

Last edited:
I placed my direct order for a large micarta inlay 31 within a couple minutes from when the 31 appeared on the CRK website. I was sitting there, waiting for the 31 to show and refreshing the CRK website home page every 30 seconds or so. As of earlier this week, CRK told me my estimated shipping time frame was in the January-February ballpark (roughly speaking, without major problems or delays, etc). When I changed my order to a Boomerang Damascus blade, that got my estimated shipping time frame dropped back to the March-April time frame, and that was without changing my place in line. That was just the add-on caused by opting for the Boomerang Damascus. The PJ’s will ship earlier, but only time will tell just exactly what “earlier” will end up meaning.

There is an alternative to the waiting game, though. Be one of the first attendees through the door at Blade West or NYCKS, sprint straight to the CRK tables and grab one before they all disappear.

Have they confirmed that they’ll be for sale at Blade West? I’m sure hoping so!

I made a minor change (thumb stud color) on my inlayed 31 and was told it will be between the end of December and February when it would be ready. Making that change did not move my place in line, that is just their production timeline.

They were for sale at Bladeshow, so I think they would also be FCFS at Blade West as well. Just my guess. :)

What does that mean for the yearly design. If they are taking order for 31 with the lunar landing (this years design) will those orders be canceled if they don’t get them out in time?

Have they confirmed that they’ll be for sale at Blade West? I’m sure hoping so!
That wasn’t confirmed. They’re always mum on what specials or LE’s they’ll have at shows. Last year they wouldn’t say a word about LE’s or specials before NYCKS but they had the 1/10 highly decorated Damascus Impindas, the 1/20 Blue CF Sebenzas and the 1/10 Chad Nichols Fade Damascus Blade+Inlay Sebenzas w/ Twist Damascus Hardware at the show. You need a much higher security clearance than I have to get that info beforehand. They had 31’s at Blade this year, and I think the odds are 100/100 that they’ll have some distinctive special 31's at Blade West and NYCKS (though I’m not sure about show availability of PJ’s). I don’t think Anne, Tim and Matt would travel around the country and staff show tables to sell a few PJ’s. Time will tell what it may, but being one of the first few attendees to hit their NYCKS tables last year was quite expensive for me and I expect it will be this year also.

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken, the word got out one day before Blade in Atlanta that they were bringing the first 31 of the Sebenza 31’s to the show. Not sure if it was intentional or if it was “leaked” on social media, but word spread very quickly the day before the show started. It was a hot topic for the folks standing in line, and they sold the first 31 knives in less than an hour. The inlayed models were there for viewing and handling but were not for sale. I’d imagine that if they’re bringing any to the show this weekend, it will be kept hush-hush for as long as possible, but there’s always a chance.
The guys at the booth in Atlanta told me that they would start producing the 31’s once all the orders for 21’s had been fulfilled, probably starting around December. Of course this was back in June, so I’m not sure what the latest timeline is.

Lady1911 Lady1911

I dont know about that...I handled and asked about purchasing their large 31 Maggassar Ebony, and he said it had been sold earlier in the day. Just an FYI.

Lady1911 Lady1911

I dont know about that...I handled and asked about purchasing their large 31 Maggassar Ebony, and he said it had been sold earlier in the day. Just an FYI.
:) I don’t doubt that some inlays were sold there, whether or not it was “public knowledge”. They were fielding questions about the 31 all day, and the folks in line ahead of me had inquired about it when I heard the response about inlays not being for sale. Hope those going to the show this weekend will have good luck snagging something special.

:) I don’t doubt that some inlays were sold there, whether or not it was “public knowledge”. They were fielding questions about the 31 all day, and the folks in line ahead of me had inquired about it when I heard the response about inlays not being for sale. Hope those going to the show this weekend will have good luck snagging something special.

All i know for certain is they snagged a preorder outta me. ;)

If I’m not mistaken, the word got out one day before Blade in Atlanta that they were bringing the first 31 of the Sebenza 31’s to the show. Not sure if it was intentional or if it was “leaked” on social media, but word spread very quickly the day before the show started. It was a hot topic for the folks standing in line, and they sold the first 31 knives in less than an hour. The inlayed models were there for viewing and handling but were not for sale. I’d imagine that if they’re bringing any to the show this weekend, it will be kept hush-hush for as long as possible, but there’s always a chance.
The guys at the booth in Atlanta told me that they would start producing the 31’s once all the orders for 21’s had been fulfilled, probably starting around December. Of course this was back in June, so I’m not sure what the latest timeline is.

That's a nice pic. I didn't chase one of these because I prefer inlays or graphics, but had #4 large come along at a reasonable price I might have had to go for it.

Back on topic, CRK hasn’t begun production on the 31s as of this minute. They’ve got orders to fill and everyone wants a piece of CRK, can’t imagine why right? I called and talked to Christopher the other day, and he said they were hoping for Q4 this year, but now it’s looking more like Q1 2020. I feel the impatience, I’m waiting on these amazing new Micarta inlays and I want one now.

Wonder if they’ll have any at the NYCKS. I have tix but unfortunately won’t get there till later in the day on Friday.

Wife pre-ordered me a micarta inlay for my 40th birthday, direct from CRK. I just noticed the same config listed for pre-order on Knife Center. Anybody know if retailers will get stock before CRK direct orders are filled?

Wife pre-ordered me a micarta inlay for my 40th birthday, direct from CRK. I just noticed the same config listed for pre-order on Knife Center. Anybody know if retailers will get stock before CRK direct orders are filled?

I would bet they will fill dealers orders first since they buy more than one at a time.
I ordered a Thuya wood inlay, they started showing up at dealers before I got mine.

I would bet they will fill dealers orders first since they buy more than one at a time.
I ordered a Thuya wood inlay, they started showing up at dealers before I got mine.

Thanks! Thought that might be the case. Maybe I’ll pre-order on KC, too, and just cancel the other if it ships first.

Back