Sebenza lanyard cord?

Hi does anyone know what type of cord / paracord CRK is using on current Sebenza lanyards?

Looking for some extra...so far the cords I've tried are bigger or smaller :confused:

It's not 550 paracord, it's the smaller version. It's called "Micro Cord."

BTW, 550 paracord is called that because it is rated to hold a 550 pound static (non-moving) load.

I had tried 550 and 'type 1' paracord, I'll get some 'micro' cord to try. 550 makes sense I guess, there should be more standard names for these :) Thanks!

425 paracord is also very close to original if you have trouble finding micro cord.

Eastern Mountain Sports has this behind the counter in a few different options, one reflective for night time.
This stuff is the perfect size and you do not have to take your knife apart to tie it on.

I can send you the piece of the same cord that is on mine. Or buy the reflective version for you at the store when I go that way in the morning.
It is just long enough to duplicate the factory one. Or similar to what is on mine. I used exactly half for the perfect leangth IMO.
Just send me a PM and we will go from there.
Matt

I use 550 with my small 21. I just remove about 4 strands and it will thread fine through the lanyard bead.

Last edited:
Paracord Planet has a variety of sizes in paracord. Not sure which one would be closest. They have micro, nano, and mini. BellaBlades would you know?

It is the 2mm that I use for folks and matches the lanyard insert from crk.

I just changed out my lanyard on my 25 to a solid royal blue. I found some 325 para cord at Michael's. Matches exactly to the stock black CRK lanyard. Paid $2.79 for 21 feet.

Back