Sebenza Large or Small?

I started with the large 21 just because the small seemed to small for my hand, but turns out the large fits me vary well, but lots of people like to carry the smaller one for EDC.

Last question for y’all. I noticed that the maintenance faq/how-to threads are dead, is there a place to find all that? The knives are a bit tight for my liking, but I have to say the quality is amazingly high.

I think CRK has a link to a take down video. I have watched two on you tube.

Had I seen this thread in time I would have voted large. That said the only lanyard I left on my CRK’s or any knife whatsoever was on my single small 21. Since the knife is too small for my tastes and grip, the lanyard at least provides more surface grip.

Well hopefully it smooths out a bit over time, the rough finish gives me goosebumps for some reason. (Yes I know I'm weird.)

It smooths out and you get used to it. Just give it time and lean into using it.

Also any thoughts to taking this goofy lanyard off? Any functional reason to leave it there?

I take everyone of them off. If it's a Sebenza or Zaan I disassemble it and if it's a Inkosi I untie it. The Inkosi doesn't have the annoying lanyard pin.

My EDC is a large 21 insingo. I have a couple of small 21's. I use the smalls (sans clip) when I have on dress slacks, go to church, client meetings in their office, etc. I carry the large the rest of the time (again, sans clip) in jeans and shorts. I took the lanyard off my 21's- kept getting cut by the insingos and I didn't use it very much to take it out of my pocket.

In my opinion, the small sebenza isn’t just the best crk folder, it’s the best pocket knife available altogether. The size is enough for all reasonable everyday cutting duties. The size to blade ratios that all sebenzas have means you get an extremely useful blade in a small package. The blade detent is just strong enough that you don’t have to worry about accidental opening, but still smooth and easy to open.

Ever since getting my small 31 I can’t come up with any reasons to carry any of my previous pocket knives anymore to include the large 21.

Yes Both

M0ltY4m.jpg

Large all the time. I do have a small Insingo 21 that I really don't use anymore because it.... well.... is too small.

I've only ever had a large Sebenza. But I do have a high-quality chinese knock-off of the small, which I assume to be pretty much an exact copy, and it is a small knife.

It also strikes me as a scaled down version of a larger knife, rather than something that was designed as a small knife. The usable grip area is only about 3.25" long, which is small for me, even though I don't have big hands. I wouldn't pay the price of a real small Sebenza.

The Larges see much more pocket time with me. Im considering setting my small one free due to it.

Large or small?
The only correct answer is, "Yes!"

Large fits me perfect.... I do have a small; it is usable and I carry it a lot, but as others have said I wish they made a medium size...

I do prefer the longer blade on the large. BTW they are slim enough and sits in my pocket in a sheath comfortably. Get the version which is most comfortable to you and fits your needs.

I think the only reasonable answer if you are not sure o whitch one to buy is to buy both, try them out And give the one you don’t like to a close friend.

I've got the small 31 on order; but I'm balancing it out with a large Inkosi

6A6E438D-1752-444A-A2B4-51385C102959.jpegThis thread did a great job of helping me rationalize having multiple knives. It’s like screwdrivers, you’ll need multiple based on the job.

Now if someone can help me rationalize having the same But different finishes, that would be great. I’ve fallen in love with box elder but don’t want to give up what I have.

Back