Sebenza lock sticks BAD? I need help!!!

Sod

I just got a large Stars and Stripes in a trade. The knife appears to be absolutely new in every way, although when the lock engages it wedges in and really takes some force to disengage it before closing the knife. I Have even gone as far as to start moving the lock with my other hand. I tried a little pencil lead, nothing a little stainless grease, nothing. Is my next step sending the knife in for repair? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. I also took it apart and reassembled it with no change. I don't know if the previous owner messed with it but once again you would never know by looking at it.
Thanks, Mike

Phone CRK and tell them your problem. Send the knife to Chris and it will be fixed. CRK is the best.

you could try one other thing, disassemble, clean, reassemble. Itcould be it got into some funkly out of adjustment state.

In addition to the above, try removing the clip, then open and close it several hundred times, it might loosen up the knife.

I have small weak hands and just discovered that removing the clip helps me open and close the knife easier. I noticed that the pressure of the clip is actually pressing against the same frame lock bar that the thumb is trying to push away to allow the blade to close.

I will call CRK this week and see if it needs to go back.
Thanks all.

OK, so I call CRK on Wed, explain my problem to them and thay say hmm, send it in, with a note explaining what is wrong, and we will take a look at it. Today, Saturday I sit down write a letter and explain the problem and get ready to box it up, and then I figure what the heck it cant hurt to take one more crack at this thing myself, before shipping it off. You can prbably finish the story yourself from here. Strip it down, detail clean every part with hot soapy water, air blow it dry, follow Ted's, excellent directions, to the letter, on lubing and reassembly, and guess what? You guessed it, it is not going anywhere but back in it's slip case:D I have know idea what I did differently but at this point I really don't care either!!!! My knife is once again good as new and I am the proverbial HAPPY CAMPER:p

And they all lived happily ever after!!!

I am VERY happy that everything worked out with it, and that you didn't have to send your baby in! That is cool!!

Knife collector, I am originally from Swansea Ma. Born at St. Annes just like Emeril, been living out here in the desert for almost twenty years now, although I did make it to Fenway the last two years.

Dave, yeah I shoulda listened, by the way my truck is making a funny shushing sound what do you think is causing that?:p
I also found a dead fish in my aquarium the other day, any tips.:D

Once a Sox fan, always a Sox fan!! That is cool Sod!! Thanks for sharing!

Sod, I had the same problem when I bought the knife from you. Being that it was my first sebenza, I thought it was normal. After recieving the other in trade the lock does disengage alot easier. Anyway I'm glad you got her working properly!

Sod
I've had the same problem. It just takes a little patience and experience. The take it apart, clean and reassemble carefully has always worked for me. My problem is that I'm not always pateint and I'm not always careful.;)

Back