Sebenza No Blade Stamp Help.

Cypress Creek Knives

CCK
Gold Member
Good evening everyone,
I just picked up a small carbon fiber 21 off of the CRK Buy/Sell/Trade Page on Facebook. I got it in the mail today and broke it down to clean it. When I had it apart I noticed that there was no "V" stamp on the tang of the blade. I have had many CRKs and I know how to tell real Sebenzas from fakes. The knife has the proper handle scale markings Great fit and finish and stellar lock up with the correct box and documentation. I am not worried about having a fake , I am just curious about why this knife is missing the blade stamp. Any information would be appreciated If it matters, the knife was born on September 29, 2012.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/tqp1goQ

I'll be interested to hear what CF owners say, but there is a rare blade & scales that make it through un-stamped, so it is a possibility.
This is based on your description-haven't looked at the photo yet(dial up)

I'm curious if it's the original blade. That is an old style thumb lug. I can't recall if the early CF models had that lug. In any event even older blades we're stamped but it can happen that one gets out without one.

Does it have early lock up or late lock up ?
Did the seller mention the blade was swapped out ?

The seller didn't mention a blade swap. It appears he bought it used. The lockup is right at 50%, smooth as glass and everything lines up just right.

I think you probably have an early S35VN blade that didn't have a blade stamp. Looks legit.

Last edited:
I've gone back and forth about posting this because I'm far from being any kind of a CRK authority. PLEASE take anything I say here with a HUGH grain of salt because I could be way off line and very much mistaken.
You have asked for info and FWIW, here is info that I've taken from various postings here on BF.
It is my understanding that the V stands for S35V and that BG42 blades had no markings on them and that CRK started stamping blades when they switched to S30V in 2002. So unless it is an unmarked blade that slipped past inspection (certainly a possibility), the blade would have been made years before the birth date of Sept. 29, 2012 and MIGHT be BG42.
Your scale pic shows a stamp of C 11 which I understand stands for the 3rd quarter of 2011. To me this indicates that about a year would have elapsed before the knife was born. I have learned that although it is not uncommon to see a difference of some months, a year seems like an unusually long time lapse.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that somewhere along the line, to me it seems like a blade swap at the very least might be a possibility.

If you want the definitive answer-send your photo's to CRK, but I would say just not stamped by mistake. The only properly un-marked blade would be a BG-42 and there aren't many of those floating around for swaps. I think if done that would have been mentioned.
But I could always be wrong
It is just a theory of mine, but I have imagined that some of these parts that don't fit the norm may have spent time on Chris's desk as some sort of aid. He could have taken them out of the manufacturing process at any time and just put them back when he had no more use for them.
or they may just be misplace items and screw ups.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not concerned with the authenticity of the knife. It is as real as it can be. The blade stamp is what intrigued me. Never knew some got through without their markings.

D Don M The washers are perforated.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not concerned with the authenticity of the knife. It is as real as it can be. The blade stamp is what intrigued me. Never knew some got through without their markings.

D Don M The washers are perforated.

Very few have been seen without proper stamping, but they do exist-happens to all manufacturers

My ats-34 blade is not marked. And no scale markings in side. Just makers mark on front. Back when I bought it you had to by the clip separately.

ATS-34 and BG42 blades are not marked. S30V and S35VN are marked. I have owned a couple over the years that were not marked in the later 2. It’s rare, but it happens. It’s not the norm, but I looked at the pics and it’s legit. Use it and Enjoy it.

ATS-34 and BG42 blades are not marked. S30V and S35VN are marked. I have owned a couple over the years that were not marked in the later 2. It’s rare, but it happens. It’s not the norm, but I looked at the pics and it’s legit. Use it and Enjoy it.

Thanks for the input Nyefmaker! I'm super stoked to have this piece in my collection. Not only does it replace my long lost cf 21. It also shares the same birthdate and is a rare piece! The missing stamp makes it all that more special to me.

Back