Second knife

aU3akCW
first time posting pictures, hope this works.

Made of tooling steel. Stock removal only. This is only my second knife, so constructive criticism welcome.

The bevels look a bit small. What machine are you using to make the bevels? Or are you using files?

By hand. I believe it is only 1/8" stock and I sharpened it to 20 degrees per side. What would you suggest?

Nice looking little user!

I'm not sure what is standard for zero-ground blades like yours, where the primary bevels make the edge apex directly, as opposed to having edge bevels after primary grinds. This is what Mora likes to do. You can see that, like your knife, the edge IS the primary bevel.
morakniv-highq-safe-knife-ft10142-green-logo.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what a Mora is sharpened to, but it's far less than the 20° angle you've got for sure. For reference, the Mora's blade stock in the photo is 3/32" thick, and the bevel barely comes up 1/4th the width of the blade. But as your knife looks quite small, I wouldn't worry about going too thin on the next iteration!

Thank you for the tip. That is a clean simple look

Yeah that was just a tiny skinner. The was I have my file jig now I can't do too low of an angle, 12is it. But getting a grinder set up soon and going to redesign the jig.

Back