Second Times Always Better

Did ya ever have a knife that you carried for a while as part of your EDC, and than replaced with a newer aquisition. Than as part of your rotation, it finds it's way back as part of your EDC carry, at which point ya realize what a great knife it really was and rediscover it allover again. Sometimes it's better the second time around.:D

Most definitely. My tastes seem to change every once in awhile and knives that didn't seem all that great to me at one time seem perfect at other times.

On another note, there are also a lot of knives that I really didn't care for when they first came out, but when I actually got to hold them I fell in love with them. Or else sometimes they just sort of grow on you after you've seen them a few times.

-Z

Originally posted by ZENGHOST
My tastes seem to change every once in awhile and knives that didn't seem all that great to me at one time seem perfect at other times.

Same here.

I rediscovered an old SAK a few weeks ago. I haven´t been using it for years and I almost forgot what a great little knife it is.

That happens with my AFCK all the time...my EDC rotation consists of about 5 knives but eventually I always come back to my AFCK...Just feels good...confidence in my AFCK is just higher than in most of my other knives

Happens all the dang time. What's even worse is a visually unatractive knife I have happens to be one of the better all around utility/EDC knives in my collection. Dang if it ain't plain looking, but it is a good knife.

Chris

Originally posted by T. Erdelyi
Did ya ever have a knife that you carried for a while as part of your EDC, and than replaced with a newer aquisition. Than as part of your rotation, it finds it's way back as part of your EDC carry, at which point ya realize what a great knife it really was and rediscover it allover again. Sometimes it's better the second time around.:D

Yup...That's why I'm packin' my Cold Steel Vaquero Grande again, but there is a "history" to it, in that I got the SAME Vaquero Grande back a couple of weeks ago in a trade with the SAME guy that I traded it off to, almost exactly a year ago. It had been sitting in his drawer all this time, so it was exactly as it was a year ago...And now I KNOW that it IS a knife that I'm MENT to carry!.:).

Back