Seconds sale 2021

"Spyderco is very pleased to announce that we will be conducting this year’s Annual Factory Seconds Sale in-person at our headquarters in Golden, Colorado, on Saturday, November 20, 2021."

Never been there but I'm sure there will be a crowd.

I'd love to go if I lived w/in 6-8 hrs driving time of Golden but, unfortunately, I don't.

Last edited:
The Seconds Sale is a highly anticipated event that draws devoted Spyderco fans from far and wide, some of whom literally camp out in front of the building days in advance to be among the first in line. Once through the door, attendees have the opportunity to purchase factory seconds—fully functional products with minor cosmetic blemishes—at deeply discounted prices. All first-quality Spyderco products are also available for purchase during the sale at the Factory Outlet’s normal 25%-off discount.

I've been to several, and I plan to be there for this one as well. I'm one of the nuts that camps out on the lawn.

Planning on going for my first time this year, dont have time in the schedule to camp out though. Is there still good selection for those who arrive day of?

They keep bringing out trays of stock all day. Even if you don't get there until afternoon you can still find great deals. A couple of sales back we went back at 3:00 and found 7 of a PM2 CF Sprint that we only found one of in the morning.

Has anyone ever been to one of these? Do they attract a big crowd?

By opening time on Saturday the line is usually at least halfway around the building. By 4:00 p.m. it usually fits inside the lobby.

I don't remember how many I've been to, but at least half a dozen or more. I have a bunch of models that I would never have bought otherwise, but at this point I go as much to see the crew and the fans as for the deals.

Like Ed Schempp said "This and Blade are about the only times I get to talk knives for more than two minutes before people's eyes start glazing over." It's about the only chance I get.

Last edited:
Have fun!

I live to far but would love to go

Man oh man. I am wanting to attend this Mecca of an event. However I haven't really made arrangements to be able to go. I am only about 6 hours driving (live in North Central Kansas). The wife and I need to try and get out to Colorado in general sometime as we would both really love to see Estes Park. The sale would be the cherry on top of the sundae. Definitely will make the trip in the next few years though, pending on when the sale is available with seconds. In a position right now where I could afford to get rid of some disposable income. Quite the haul, Toxo. If you don't mind my asking, what did those Maxamets and Crucarta Shaman run you? Making me think really hard. 🤔

Won't be going this year, but for those who do could you please post some pics of your score(s) like Tox and how much of a deal you got (because I'm a glutton for punishment).

I'll try to resist temptation this year. Usually I peel the stickers off while fondling my purchases on the long drive home.

If anyone would like to pick me up a Milie I would greatly appreciate it! Seriously- I will pay shipping! Toss in some kind of “finders fee” or something!

Any color any steel. 😬

Back