Seconds sale 2021

K ks_wayward_son ... since you asked ;) though maybe next year you could hitch a ride with Yablanowitz j/k sorta...

5th in line this year, the Spydercrew gave us swag! (the back of the metal bug was signed/engraved by Eric Glesser and they also fed us pizza on Friday night)

Seconds-Sale-112021-Swag-Beveled.jpg

The below is my haul for this year...

Seconds-Sale-112021-DBeveled.jpg

Some close up of prices to encourage you to come to this event, it's worth it šŸ˜

Seconds-Sale-112021-BATorn.jpg

Holy carp....that is sweet goodness right there, even if all you did was score some SWAG and a free meal! I definitely would've been all up in the Para 2, Native 5, and Manixes to name a few! Top notch, guvnah! Maybe next year, if they have the inventory. Something to plan for....

I'm not much of a photographer, but here's most of it.

I had already dropped off one proxy - Z-Wear Mule, K390 Endura and Rex45 Shaman - so they aren't shown. Add a couple of kitchen knives, a purple Ladybug, a purple Endura and a couple of Counter Puppies for my lady and a couple more Mules for me and the picture would be complete.

Proxy shopping

Personal shopping

The Cricket I was using for a money clip was sure relieved.

I wish I could take credit, but Chris found those and the Sun and Moon Chaparral for me. Can't be everywhere at once.

Dang I'm upset I missed it. I would have LOVED to grab a few REC seconds. I've seen some pretty sweet hauls so far. I actually completely forgot about it. When and where do they announce the date of the sale? I hope there's some videos like from 2019

5th in line this year, the Spydercrew gave us swag! (the back of the metal bug was signed/engraved by Eric Glesser and they also fed us pizza on Friday night)

Seconds-Sale-112021-Swag-Beveled.jpg

Can't believe they were giving away the messenger bag (MSRP $175). Wow!!!! :thumbsup:

That's some serious "swag" plus you could use it to carry all of the other swag and your finds at the sale. šŸ˜Ž

Guess they have not been selling many of them, if they're giving them away. LOL! ;)

Last edited:
Dang I'm upset I missed it. I would have LOVED to grab a few REC seconds. I've seen some pretty sweet hauls so far. I actually completely forgot about it. When and where do they announce the date of the sale? I hope there's some videos like from 2019

They announced on Facebook this year and let the word spread through the forums. In past years I even got a flyer in the mail. The date has always been the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Go ahead and mark your 2022 calendar now.

Nope, don't care. That's the thing that just slays me about the Seconds Sale. People go there, buy a totally usable knife for a third of MSRP that they KNOW failed QC, then they want to nit-pick?
Gimme a break. I know the P.I.T.S. folder I bought is scratched and worn and the action is a little stiff. I've never handle one that passed QC so I don't know how stiff they are supposed to be. It had residue on the blade from other stickers, so I know this wasn't its first Sale. For the price I paid, none of that matters.

Nope, don't care. That's the thing that just slays me about the Seconds Sale. People go there, buy a totally usable knife for a third of MSRP that they KNOW failed QC, then they want to nit-pick?
Gimme a break. I know the P.I.T.S. folder I bought is scratched and worn and the action is a little stiff. I've never handle one that passed QC so I don't know how stiff they are supposed to be. It had residue on the blade from other stickers, so I know this wasn't its first Sale. For the price I paid, none of that matters.

Ditto Yablanowitz!

K ks_wayward_son as you know with a new knife if its regular production & you have something happen to it, depending on what it is you'll more than likely be covered under warranty; maybe not replacement on a sprint/exclusive but there is that.

One local Customer showed up on Friday with a worn out half serrated Delica he had had for 15 years, when he walked out he showed us that Spyderco had simply replaced his old Delica (still in stock).

Not worried at all if there is something cosmetically wrong with the knives I've bought this year & in the past years; I look for functionality and the ability to try out something new is wonderful. Last time I tried out PM 2s in Maxamet & K390 as well as the St Nicks Shaman in 4V. I didn't gel with them so I sold them to Friends and folks here on the forum.

I still have & use my CTS-204P Military even though I had discovered a crack from the top of the spyder hole to the spine 6 months after I bought it at a Second's Sale; not worried about it as I don't torque my blades when using them.

I will say it was amazing the amount of sprints & exclusives that were available this year, we figured there would be since it wasn't held in person last year. We do go to the counters after grabbing a bunch of knives to look through; as an example I had 6 Smocks & 6 Blade HQ M4 Satin Manix XLs; I sorted though the Manix XLs and picked one that I was happy with. With the Smocks I know that other people I had talked to were looking for them so I gave them some and put the rest back into rotation for the Crew to place back out on the tables for others to obtain.

Last edited:
I was just sitting here mulling over my take-home and noticed something. I bought a new in box Grasshopper with 12C27 steel, won the VG-10 Manbug, got a K390 Manbug, a laminated ZDP-189 Caly 3.5, a solid ZDP-189 Endura, CPM M4 Dodo, CPM REX45 Chief, CPM S90V Chief, CPM S110V UKPK, and N690Co P.I.T.S. folder. I would call that 11 knives in 11 steels even though 2 are ZDP. I don't know if I could have managed that if I'd been trying.

@ Yablanowitz: I wasn't trying to be rude or condescending about my question and apologize if I came across that way, I was simply curious as to what if anything might be noticeable. Scratches, so what. Uneven grind lines, those can be reprofiled as necessary. I am completely on board with seconds knives because every knife that I buy would be a user and not a safe queen unless I was gifted a really unique piece. I would go for the sprints/exclusives first but would not bat an eye at regular production models.

@ Yablanowitz: I wasn't trying to be rude or condescending about my question and apologize if I came across that way, I was simply curious as to what if anything might be noticeable. Scratches, so what. Uneven grind lines, those can be reprofiled as necessary. I am completely on board with seconds knives because every knife that I buy would be a user and not a safe queen unless I was gifted a really unique piece. I would go for the sprints/exclusives first but would not bat an eye at regular production models.

My reply wasn't aimed at you, sorry. I had a flashback from a few sales ago. I saw a WolfSpyder in someone's basket, then noticed he had half a dozen or more. I asked if he planned to buy all those and he replied "No, you have to try a bunch to find a good one." My thought was "You're getting a $280 knife for $85 and you're going to be picky?" I know my attitude is not the most prevalent, but it's the only one I have. I'm sure other people have gone over their's with a fine tooth comb, I just don't happen to be one of them.

I was just sitting here mulling over my take-home and noticed something. I bought a new in box Grasshopper with 12C27 steel, won the VG-10 Manbug, got a K390 Manbug, a laminated ZDP-189 Caly 3.5, a solid ZDP-189 Endura, CPM M4 Dodo, CPM REX45 Chief, CPM S90V Chief, CPM S110V UKPK, and N690Co P.I.T.S. folder. I would call that 11 knives in 11 steels even though 2 are ZDP. I don't know if I could have managed that if I'd been trying.

Shoot, I forgot to include a Z-wear Mule and Z-Max Mule. That makes it 13/13. I know I couldn't have done that on purpose.

Shoot, I forgot to include a Z-wear Mule and Z-Max Mule. That makes it 13/13. I know I couldn't have done that on purpose.

Man I didnā€™t expect them to have Mules available. Congrats on all the finds.

Back