SeekOutside Shelter

I was looking to replace my freestanding 2 man tent with a lighter more adaptable system. I have yet to use a tent with another person for quite some time but do prefer the 2 man space as an option for a single person. The room to weight ratio just wins every time.

I was looking at a tarp setup but in the humid south really need the bug protection as bugs are a problem most of the year. I wasn't happy with the hanging bug nets that were floor-less because going floor-less in the humid areas can still leave you with crawlies in your sleeping area.

I decided on the little bug out system for 3 or 4 reasons.
It eliminates needing tent poles
It doesn't require trees
It has the larger vestibule detachable leaving you with a 1lb base you can use alone or with a bivy if needed.
It had a great bug system design that is removable. I didn't go with a tarp only because it seemed that I was going to do more reverse engineering to meet all my needs potentially than just trying the LBO.

So far I can say I am very happy. The vestibule means you can get out of the weather and still keep your boots on to do things and not track dirt into your enclosed area when using the bug nest.

I also was looking for a system that would allow me to stash away my bug area some. I can do this with the LBO by sliding the nest back and folding it into itself. When I'm ready to use it you simply attach the cordage to the 2 stakes up by the front and pull the nest up with another piece of cordage. Your not locked into using the space or not. This could be done a different way but so far I'm happy with the adaptability of this system.

Nest out of the way.

Open view in the morning is also a perk!!

This shows the vestibule attached with both doors open.

The solutions to sheltering problems seem almost endless when your trying to decide what to go with. I may change to a different solution to the sheltering problems such as weight to space ratio, adaptability of the system and usable bug space but for now this will work great.

Cool little review. The LBO seems like a really versatile system - I may need to splurge and get one some day.

I have a Seek Outside tipi/stove setup that I really like. Everything they make is very well made from what I've seen, and they're super nice folks to work with as well. :thumbup:

I need to dial in using the LBO base portion as a traditional tarp setup and I'll have all basis covered with this one setup.

Seekoutside has a website. Seekoutside.com I'm pretty sure. I called them to order. All made in USA

Pretty cool.

Back