1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sell Me on a Delica

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by BK14, Jun 1, 2017.

1. sanman28

sanman28

Jan 19, 2017
    Great size for EDC. Not too big, like the endura, and not too small, like the dragonfly. I, personally, find the stretch 2 to be too big also. Im more interested in pocket size, and the delica fits perfect. The blade will do all things most everybody needs out of a EDC.

2. Bugs57

Bugs57 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    For me the Delica is all about ergonomics. It fits like a glove and is just a nice knife at a great price.

3. Nedser

Nedser

Feb 1, 2011
    I like my Native better than my Delica.

mykel m likes this.
  4. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

Ken

5. Vinifera

Vinifera

Aug 13, 2015
    I own three Delica 4's however if I didn't own one and was looking for something in that style of knife I would buy the Native 5 which features the additional finger choil allowing one to choke up on the blade. That being said, the Delica is still a great knife.

mykel m likes this.
  6. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    I'll take Delica 4 over Native 5 anyday, always.

7. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Delica is one of my favorite knives. Great cutting blade and superior ergonomics.

8. Vinifera

Vinifera

Aug 13, 2015
    Yeah it's a great little knife which is why I have three of them. What don't you like about the Native 5?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  9. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

Nice blade and handle ratio for what it is. Simple design. Comes sharp. What's not to like?

[​IMG]

10. Megawatt308

Megawatt308 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Lots of steels to choose from. One great benefit is I can clip it in my pocket and still put my hands inside. Other knives that are larger basically make your pocket useless to put things in because you can't get them out if the knife is in there.

[​IMG]

11. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    The delica is a masterpiece of design.

12. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    - I don't like the pocketclip.
    - I don't like the tall blade.
    - I think it is to wide in pocket.
    - When using the choil, the handle is way to long for my med/small hands.
    - If you count the choil as part of the handle, it's a bad blade to handle ratio. Kind of a spoonknife.
    - No liners(LW series)

These are very personal statements, but it is why I love the Delica over a Native.

13. sanman28

sanman28

Jan 19, 2017
    I wonder how much weight is saved by going linerless on the LW knives? Is it really more about weight, or is it the cost of milling the G10 that is the issue. I would like to see all FRN knives with liners. Seems to me that enduras, delicas, and stretches can all have liners, FRN, and still be cheap....why not the native and manix?

4mer_FMF likes this.
  14. Bill1170

Bill1170 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I have two Enduras and, hang on a minute... six Delicas, all in FRN. The Delicas get carried far more because they are thin, light, and completely unobtrusive in deep pocket carry, yet they do most everything I need to do with a folder. As someone already said, the Delica is a magnificent, balanced design.

353 likes this.
  15. vanslem6

vanslem6

Oct 4, 2014
    My oldest and most carried.
    [​IMG]

BK14 likes this.
  16. lemonslush

lemonslush

Aug 13, 2012
    the new salt 2 looks sweet. I would take that over a delica hands down. Spydie edge also. Im gonna grab a yellow hawk bull and dye it neon green I think.

17. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    As others have said, ergonomics.
    The only other knife coming close is the mantra.

18. BK14

BK14

Sep 13, 2016
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Thanks to the generous offer from Bikerector I am now the proud owner of a beautiful blue Delica 4. I love it so far!

19. TruthBalance

TruthBalance

Jan 29, 2016
    Excellent thread, good info. Purchased my first Spyderco a few months back, ParaMilitary 2 Digital Camo, love it. Want another Spyderco and have been considering the Delica also.

20. lemonslush

lemonslush

Aug 13, 2012
    Did you buy one already? Just buy it.