• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Seller hundo760; changes prices in DM, requests F&F, does not disclose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmik001

Gold Member
Good morning, Bladeforums:

I recently had a bad experience with hundo760.

He posted a Koenig Arius for sale at $600.00, stating it was "pretty much BNIB." I replied back in thread that I would take it. He immediately came back to me saying that someone else on IG wanted it and that I could have it for $630.00. I should have moved on right there, but I wanted the knife.

I agreed to the $630.00. Then he came back and asked me to do F&F. I refused. He replied back said G&S was okay. I sent funds Paypal G&S.

Next day, he asked for more money to cover G&S, because he didn't calculate correctly.

I replied that I wasn't paying any more for the knife, and that he could send the knife or refund the money. He sent the knife.

The day the knife is out-for-delivery, he sends me a DM and says that he wanted to let me know a screw was missing and I could contact Koenig for a replacement. I replied back that I would ask for a refund for whatever money it cost to get a replacement pack of screws sent to me.

I received the knife and it is not BNIB or anywhere close to it. It's obviously been carried, with scuffs and snail trails on the blade face, handle, and pocket clip.

I know that I shouldn't have let my want for this knife go over the initial warning signs this seller gave.

I've submitted a case via Paypal. Thank goodness I didn't agree to send F&F.

Now I'm afraid this seller is going to retaliate and give me revenge negative feedback for opening a case against him.

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks.

Here's the original sales thread (which has since been edited):

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...s-asf-olamic-whippersnapper-spyderco.1710205/

I'm really interested to see if the seller has a side of the story to tell that somehow excuses selling a $600 knife, listing it as "pretty much BNIB" and not mentioning that it is missing a screw, because that is pretty messed up.

I agree though, you should have bailed when he did that "Somebody on IG" wants it crap.

Lot of warning signs from this guy. The raising the price after bit, the wanting F&F PP, listing a price but also wanting extra for shipping in the US.

If a deal isn't completed I don't think Feedback can be given by either party, see 4-6 below.

SECTION 4 - Rules for Feedback -
  1. All feedback on sales or trades must be kept to the Feedback Forum and/or iTrader. Do not clutter up a sales thread with it.
  2. It is not mandatory to leave feedback, but it is highly recommended. It serves an important purpose sharing your good and bad experiences with the community. If you need help ask us, we can help. There is only so much we can do, we are not able to help with deals that occurred on Facebook, Instagram, eBay or other places.
  3. We will not edit feedback for you unless it's an obvious error (ie negative rating). You can report it using the black triangle button on the iTrader page and be patient.
  4. Retaliatory negative feedback ratings can earn you an infraction. Getting pissed off because a deal didn't go though is no reason to try and ruin someones rep. You are expected to conduct yourself in a mature and responsible manner, failure to do so will result in warnings or infractions as necessary.
  5. If a deal did not happen, there is no iTrader Feedback to leave. Sorry if you were inconvenienced, but life is full of disappointments. As long as you're not out any items or money hasn't changed hands, move along. Consider improving the terms of your sales threads / read the sellers terms carefully in order to avoid this before buying.
  6. Retaliatory feedback left by buyers or sellers on deals that didn't take place can now earn you a 30 point non expiring infraction. You earn them, you get to keep them, you have been warned.
  7. Threads started in the Feedback: G, B, & U section should contain facts that support your reason for starting a thread. Remember there is a difference between opinion and fact. Keep your topic civil or hold off posting until you've composed yourself. Complaining about a person that has exercised their rights as a seller or buyer does no good, and it may backfire on you.
  8. You need to be able to communicate in a clear, accurate, and organized manner. Insults, vulgarity, racist comments will not be tolerated whatsoever.
  9. Dog-piling for the sake of putting your 2 cents in is not going to be tolerated. If you have something useful to contribute, share it with confidence. If you are only going to contribute some silly comment, save it and move along. This has been a growing problem and we are going to be more proactive to lessen it.

ndmiller:

I’m not sure I understand. I sent him money, he sent me the knife. There was a deal. My dispute is that the knife was not as described. The rest of the information is warning others and making mods aware.

ndmiller:

I’m not sure I understand. I sent him money, he sent me the knife. There was a deal. My dispute is that the knife was not as described. The rest of the information is warning others and making mods aware.

The rule is for ITrader feedback not this thread. There is certainly nothing wrong with this thread. As far as the Itrader feedback I think you are ok due to the fact that you had to file a claim to get back your money vs him refunding it, but best to run it by a moderator to be sure.
If your story has no spin to it-he is definitely someone to steer clear of

The rule is for ITrader feedback not this thread. There is certainly nothing wrong with this thread. As far as the Itrader feedback I think you are ok due to the fact that you had to file a claim to get back your money vs him refunding it, but best to run it by a moderator to be sure.
If your story has no spin to it-he is definitely someone to steer clear of

Thank you for you input. Hopefully a moderator sees this and can clarify.

Thank you for you input. Hopefully a moderator sees this and can clarify.
What exactly are you wanting clarified ?
Now I'm afraid this seller is going to retaliate and give me revenge negative feedback for opening a case against him.
That can be deleted from your profile if necessary.

What exactly are you wanting clarified ?

That can be deleted from your profile if necessary.
I'll ask a ?- would the OP be justified in leaving Itrader feedback since he has to go to pay Pal for a refund on a bad transaction
Itrader is extremely easy on the positive side, but gets a little trickier on the negative. I know some changes were made, but the written rule doesn't seem to reflect those changes. This all revolves around what constitutes a deal on BF. Normally I would say if we had an agreement and I transferred money a deal was made, but in the past if the money was refunded by the seller it was considered no deal.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry to pile to your already acknowledged naive complicity but H hundo760 is an obvious tool to be avoided like the dreaded
coronavirus. Of course, H hundo760 , is free to offer an explanation in his own defense but I seriously doubt any will be forthcoming. If I’m wrong, I’ll apologize. If I’m right, bye bye H hundo760 . Your nonsense is on full display. Might want to try another hobby or at least another forum, H hundo760 . You’re done here.

"pretty much BNIB" is the most used car salesman pitch I think I've seen yet.

I mean, if you look at the pictures the pocket clip has snail trails and you can see a missing screw in the handle. Not saying the seller was hiding anything, but I would've asked for more detailed pictures and description. NEVER impulse buy a used knife... Too many red flags. Squeezing $30 more from you. Asking for F&F. And then asking for even more after payment. You should've told him to refund your funds then and there before the knife was even shipped.

I'm with ya OP, I'd be upset also. Not cool H hundo760 .

How/why would anyone put a knife up for sale and not disclose it was missing a screw?

Yes, I can understand a seller might not notice a tiny scratch on a heavily stonewashed blade or something. But missing a screw? Get real.

so what’s the story, H hundo760 ?

I
How/why would anyone put a knife up for sale and not disclose it was missing a screw?

Yes, I can understand a seller might not notice a tiny scratch on a heavily stonewashed blade or something. But missing a screw? Get real.

so what’s the story, H hundo760 ?
actually had that listed in description, I have screenshots if wanted and can get you a replacement like I said from Koenig when I messaged you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back