• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Seller hundo760; changes prices in DM, requests F&F, does not disclose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
N
Sorry to pile to your already acknowledged naive complicity but H hundo760 is an obvious tool to be avoided like the dreaded
coronavirus. Of course, H hundo760 , is free to offer an explanation in his own defense but I seriously doubt any will be forthcoming. If I’m wrong, I’ll apologize. If I’m right, bye bye H hundo760 . Your nonsense is on full display. Might want to try another hobby or at least another forum, H hundo760 . You’re done here.
Kinda extreme to just jump to conclusions like this without hearing other side of the story. I’ve done many deals via here and instagram and reddit and always price good deals and ship same day priority so try to be more open to hearing other side

N

Kinda extreme to just jump to conclusions like this without hearing other side of the story. I’ve done many deals via here and instagram and reddit and always price good deals and ship same day priority so try to be more open to hearing other side
Did you list the knife for $600 and then ask the buyer for $630?

ndmiller:

I’m not sure I understand. I sent him money, he sent me the knife. There was a deal. My dispute is that the knife was not as described. The rest of the information is warning others and making mods aware.

My point was the retaliatory feedback by the seller (you were fearing) when you weren't happy and disputed the deal wasn't allowed. Didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with you not being happy, returning or disputing then leaving feedback (wasn't as clear as I thought).

N

It's your stage, please commence with your best performance!

This is first time I ever got any bad feedback on here, reddit or instagram with over 25+ deals, the only reason he made this public is because I didn’t check on here over the weekend and I messeged him as soon as I got on this am to find myself amidst this post of negativity which is pretty shitty which is why I’m going to respond. I had reposted the photo and description with prices and note +$8 for USPS Priority shipping sent out same day with pics of receipts from post office with tracking number. I hadn’t added the $8 on top of the price of the asking price because i hadn’t reread the blog rules in awhile and thought I had everything convered, and after this I just reread it where it says list price with shipping included and also the second thing is I didn’t see where it said included PayPal fees hence why I asked to split the shipping and G&S fee after originally quoted after it took $20 off for G&S fee. I try to be legit and straight forward with option to send more pics and vids, this post is here because I think he felt that since I hadn’t responded in a cordial time from when he received it he had to go public which I understand but I honestly hadn’t checked over the weekend. I responded to him offering to cover what he’s unhappy with or give me a day to find the screw and mail it out unless I can’t find it where else I’ll refund or cover it. This is first time that I’ve had to deal with this and it’s kind of messed up but I understand and wish he would’ve heard from me before posting this derogatory post without hearing my side.

This is first time I ever got any bad feedback on here, reddit or instagram with over 25+ deals, the only reason he made this public is because I didn’t check on here over the weekend and I messeged him as soon as I got on this am to find myself amidst this post of negativity which is pretty shitty which is why I’m going to respond. I had reposted the photo and description with prices and note +$8 for USPS Priority shipping sent out same day with pics of receipts from post office with tracking number. I hadn’t added the $8 on top of the price of the asking price because i hadn’t reread the blog rules in awhile and thought I had everything convered, and after this I just reread it where it says list price with shipping included and also the second thing is I didn’t see where it said included PayPal fees hence why I asked to split the shipping and G&S fee after originally quoted after it took $20 off for G&S fee. I try to be legit and straight forward with option to send more pics and vids, this post is here because I think he felt that since I hadn’t responded in a cordial time from when he received it he had to go public which I understand but I honestly hadn’t checked over the weekend. I responded to him offering to cover what he’s unhappy with or give me a day to find the screw and mail it out unless I can’t find it where else I’ll refund or cover it. This is first time that I’ve had to deal with this and it’s kind of messed up but I understand and wish he would’ve heard from me before posting this derogatory post without hearing my side.

First of all, I want to point out that I don't think you're a bad dude! I don't think this transaction, after reading what you wrote, represents your best effort!

Couple of thoughts, from what's in bold:

Probably would have eaten the G&S fee, and chalked it up to a lesson learned.

The screw missing, on such an expensive knife, and the fact that it was concealed, would have had me seeing red!

Lastly, I believe the OP stated that the knife shows some pocket wear, and that you had described the knife as LNIB (I couldn't find the knife in your sales thread). To me, LNIB should be wholly indistinguishable from a BNIB, except for the fact that the knife has been out of its retail packaging, and handled, ever so slightly, by the end-user. I think that "LNIB" should be used sparingly, and that folks should use the term "excellent" if the knife's seen pocket time.

I think you guys can work this out, though, and should! Good luck!

H hundo760
I read your response in post 25. So, just to be clear, you did originally list the Arius for $600 and then requested $630 from the buyer, correct? Due to not including PP fees and shipping price in your original price? $8 for shipping plus $20 PP fees split between two parties is $14, not $30. Where else did the $30 increase come from?

I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what happened with the price increase.

Did you list the knife for $600 and then ask the buyer for $630?

qTBPDl5.png

hundo760
Regardless of any past transaction, you screwed this one up in a number of ways. This is all on you and the best you can do now is get it straightened out to the buyers satisfaction as soon as possible. We are all only as good as our last transaction.
If I were you I would do an immediate refund and just start from scratch-listing prices according to rules and with full disclosure as to all faults'
Get it taken care of immediately and you will take some of the wind out of this thread . Let it drag on and it will continue to drag you.

Maybe I'm unclear on the rules, but I don't understand how one can list something for sale here and at the same time on another platform like Instagram. I know it's the seller's right to sell to whomever he wants, but fishing for higher offers like an auction doesn't seem right.

"...Sellers/Selling -

1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.
  2. No auction or raffle type sale threads...."

hundo760:

At this point, I’d just like to settle this and move on. I think the partial refund request I made in the PayPal case is very reasonable.

I’ll leave it up to the mods to decide whether any infraction was warranted for misrepresenting the knife, changing the price of the knife in PM, or coming back and asking for more money after payment was sent.

Maybe I'm unclear on the rules, but I don't understand how one can list something for sale here and at the same time on another platform like Instagram. I know it's the seller's right to sell to whomever he wants, but fishing for higher offers like an auction doesn't seem right.

"...Sellers/Selling -

1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.
  2. No auction or raffle type sale threads...."

You're conflating two separate things.

There's nothing wrong with listing in multiple places provided they do it above board. Disclosing in the thread is nice, but if you have a buyer elsewhere, sell it to them and close the thread here stating it sold elsewhere.

The issue (and the nono) arises when you create a bid war in PMs because of interest by multiple parties. As you say, that pretty much makes it an auction at that point.

Might be worth adding a stickied post about "recommended definitions" within the selling forums? People are using BNIB or LNIB pretty loosely, like that other thread where we were discussing people listing knives they had sharpened as LNIB.

Were you seriously going to mail a 600+ dollar knife, without insuring it????

I've said this once and I'll say it again. I insure every single knife I sell at my cost included in the price. It protects both parties.

Mostly to CYOA. But that's a different subject.

Regarding the condition of the knife. It sounds like instead of like new in box it appears it should have been, a light user in very good condition missing a screw! Price adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
Check the GBU forums on USPS insurance. It's... not very good.

And yet it's worked fine for a lot of people, but you have to document and follow up.

But, that's mostly irrelevant, as the forum rules state it is the sellers responsibility.

Last edited:
hundo760
Regardless of any past transaction, you screwed this one up in a number of ways. This is all on you and the best you can do now is get it straightened out to the buyers satisfaction as soon as possible. We are all only as good as our last transaction.
If I were you I would do an immediate refund and just start from scratch-listing prices according to rules and with full disclosure as to all faults'
Get it taken care of immediately and you will take some of the wind out of this thread . Let it drag on and it will continue to drag you.

Just FYI I have not received any resolution to this yet. Hopefully the seller will resolve this quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back