• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Seller hundo760; changes prices in DM, requests F&F, does not disclose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you guys are talking super negative jumping to conclusions about me. At then end of the day 90% of guys I’ve done business with talk to me and are stoked on deals I’ve gave them. SonI’m going to fully refund him and have it sent back. He’s just trying to get $200 refund off the original asking price after he threw dirt on my name. And for you to say all this Instagram guy bullshit that’s messed up sounds like some insecurity things going on but idc I’m done with this lame hater forum and I know I’ve got more ppl that would vouch saying I did them right on many deals than the guy trying to fuck me over on $200 after I didn’t respond the exact day he got knife over the weekend.
Had you lasted here, I think you would have found most folks here to be friendly, helpful, and tolerant of most people despite an occasional mistep. As they say, we were all new here once. You, however, have chosen to be less than fully honest, not just in your FS thread, but even here in your responses to questions put forth to you. I think you will find that the best course in life is to be honest and treat people how you want to be treated. It really isn't all that hard. But hey, it's your life, your journey. And your loss. Don't let the door hit you is the @$$ on the way out.

Wow you guys are talking super negative jumping to conclusions about me. At then end of the day 90% of guys I’ve done business with talk to me and are stoked on deals I’ve gave them. SonI’m going to fully refund him and have it sent back. He’s just trying to get $200 refund off the original asking price after he threw dirt on my name. And for you to say all this Instagram guy bullshit that’s messed up sounds like some insecurity things going on but idc I’m done with this lame hater forum and I know I’ve got more ppl that would vouch saying I did them right on many deals than the guy trying to fuck me over on $200 after I didn’t respond the exact day he got knife over the weekend.

The buyer claimed you upped the price due to having a buyer elsewhere. You said it was because you learned of the rule changes for an all in price.

You then say that he requested $200 off. The buyer says it was $100.

Two disputed facts and only side came through with proof.

We are coming to conclusions based on what is presented to us. Two stories yet one side with evidence to back up theirs. You can thank yourself for any negative conclusions to which we've arrived.

The seller has agreed to provide a full refund through the PayPal resolution center.

I will pack up and ship the knife out tomorrow.

I honestly don't think the seller is a bad person, I just think is a little ill-informed and immature. I feel that in the future, if he wishes to continue selling here, he should:

1. Read the Bladeforums rules before posting a listing.

2. Clearly and concisely disclose information about the knife on the listing.

3. Not attempt to change the price via IM because multiple people "with similar timestamps" are interested.

The seller has agreed to provide a full refund through the PayPal resolution center.

I honestly don't think the seller is a bad person, I just think is a little ill-informed and immature. I feel that in the future, if he wishes to continue selling here, he should:

3. Not attempt to change the price via IM because multiple people "with similar timestamps" are interested.

Glad your getting a refund.

He could do all that. But I think your correct that he is immature and that doesn't change overnight (personal experience ;))

Sounds like a few years of mistakes need to go by first.

Sometimes when your too busy on Facebook, IG, reddit , twitting etc your disconnected from the real world and it doesn't help the process.

Glad to see you are getting this resolved and I will give the seller credit for doing the right thing on that. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to understand what it was he did wrong and why we are reacting to it this way, so he is bound to repeat it. It's sad actually.
Hope this is the end of it for you

Were you seriously going to mail a 600+ dollar knife, without insuring it????

^ I used to always insure my higher dollar knives, but I decided to change my shipping M.O. a few years back. I personally feel that insuring a high dollar knife, attracts unwanted/needless attention, & let's everyone handling that package, see, that there's a high $$$$ valued item inside, rather than a package without. Besides, I wouldn't want to have to deal with the headache (I've read too many stories here), of the countless hours and energy it would take, for me trying to prove the lost value on an insurance claim; especially for a rare or discontinued, secondary market knife.

Anything of value I ship, is very carefully packed & taped, in a box, with signature confirmation. And I only use the USPS as my shipping courier, & on occasion, ship using Registered mail. Obviously, as the seller, I'm the party willing to assume 100% of the risk. If a package of mine were to ever go lost or stolen, I would immediately refund the buyer. It's a gamble that I'm willing to take. I'm still batting a .1000.

I honestly don't think the seller is a bad person, I just think is a little ill-informed and immature.

^ I think this is the best solution! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also feel that you handled yourself very well here, OP! :) :thumbsup:

I agree with the above- I don't think the seller is a bad person, rather a misguided one in need of a little introspection. Hopefully, he will come to realize/admit his mistakes, come back here & apologize, & then move forward.

There's a steep learning curve here in the selling exchange...unfortunately, many newer member's here, learn what they do reading other member's sales thread's, & not what's in the rules.

And you mean 1.000
Nope. I meant one thousand. As in the phrase "batting a thousand". It means getting a hit every at bat.

Batting average is represented as a proportion. In common conversation though, it is often said as a number in the hundreds in between zero and one thousand. The poster conflated the two ways batting average is represented. Rather than say he is batting a thousand (every shipment has gone fine without insurance) he said he is batting .1000, which is hitting 100 or 10%. In using the analogy of a perfect batting average incorrectly, he actually said only 10% of his packages shipped with out insurance were successful.

Batting .1000 does not equal batting one thousand.

you brag that 90% of buyers are happy? … wow it should be 100% and if it isn't you are a probably trying to profit not just move a knife you have and should change how you do sales.
but I have to say the buyer doesn't sound like their hands are 100% clean in this either … hate to see any of it here … but both could work on and improve communication skills and sale etiquette IMHO.

Nope. I meant one thousand. As in the phrase "batting a thousand". It means getting a hit every at bat.

Batting average is represented as a proportion. In common conversation though, it is often said as a number in the hundreds in between zero and one thousand. The poster conflated the two ways batting average is represented. Rather than say he is batting a thousand (every shipment has gone fine without insurance) he said he is batting .1000, which is hitting 100 or 10%. In using the analogy of a perfect batting average incorrectly, he actually said only 10% of his packages shipped with out insurance were successful.

Batting .1000 does not equal batting one thousand.
To bat one thousand is 1.000

To bat one thousand is 1.000
Right, but the way you say it is not "I'm batting one".

The guy tried to say he is batting a thousand but instead said he was batting .1000.

You have completely missed the point. Perhaps go back and read what was written.

Right, but the way you say it is not "I'm batting one".

The guy tried to say he is batting a thousand but instead said he was batting .1000.

You have completely missed the point. Perhaps go back and read what was written.
I got the point and you're correct. It's just that I'm a math stickler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back