Selling knuckle dusters?

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question, so kick the thread out of here if you feel obliged, but the topic is somewhat covered in this forum, so I'll post it here:

How do you go about selling knuckle dusters and knuckle guard trench knives in America? Is it legal to do that anyway you want, or do you need a specific permit? The thing is that I know this guy who makes these beautiful custom made knuckle dusters and trench knives, but he has a hard time making any money from it at all, because of legal issues. He is extremely talented however and it is a crying shame that he can't spread his work to the rest of the world, just because the items he creates happen to be controversial. What do you need to do in order to be permitted to sell them (as collector's items or any other way)?

You sell knuckle dusters as weapons they are illegal. BUT if you sell them as paperwheghts and belt buckles it's legal. On trench knives I'm pretty sure there legal to sell but illegal to carry them everywhere.

Back