Send in the reinforcements

Mrs. Big Chris

Big Chris has been in Honduras for five days now (four more to go). We haven't talked since he left. It is very odd. I don't know how Chris gets any knife making done while he is home with the kids. I did manage to get a knife shipped out and a few emails answered but this whole parenting thing is exhausting, lol. Our youngest is starting to walk which means he is into everything. Our older kids are taking full advantage of Chris being gone.

I am totally praying that his flight in does not have any delays or cancellations!

I know the exhaustion of being at work everyday and then turn around and be thrown into full time parenting and not know where everything is and the daily routines or which child will eat what and which one won't....and on and on. It's not easy so I feel for you. Praying for Chris' safe return! And the return of your sanity[emoji854].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even mention the dogs. They are having a harder time than the kids.

Anyway, I have enjoyed seeing the Nessmuck pics and S125V testing going on. I am sure Chris wI'll be excited to see all of this once he is back in the country.

I thought he was leaving at the end of the month. I wanted to wish him luck on his adventure. I hope he's having a great experience!!!!
Will this be the longest time ya'll have been apart?????

He left early Saturday morning. He is without Internet and cell phone service. It is not the longest I have gone without seeing him but it is the longest I have gone without talking to him.
He used to go on long trips for work but it was different because we would talk or text everyday. This time it is radio silence.
I am sure he is having an amazing time. Everyone at church said that it is an incredibly humbling and eye opening experience.

He left early Saturday morning. He is without Internet and cell phone service. It is not the longest I have gone without seeing him but it is the longest I have gone without talking to him.
He used to go on long trips for work but it was different because we would talk or text everyday. This time it is radio silence.
I am sure he is having an amazing time. Everyone at church said that it is an incredibly humbling and eye opening experience.

Not to mention how hot and humid it will be down there in Central America.

Yes, those depressed areas can be a real eye opener to see in real life.

From my experience countries like that are not blessed like we are in the US but very blessed spiritually and it really seems that way for two reasons; they are not as distracted like we get by the rat race and pace of living here and keeping up with up with everything and two they literally depend on God for their next meal. It's a strange conundrum to be envious of their walk with God and knowing you would have to give up every convenience you've ever depended on to get there. I do believe there is a middle ground but I also believe it would be a harder road to travel than any other. Sorry I'll step down off my soap box now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a call from Chris today. He is back at the mission home and doing well. He said he is becoming addicted to Honduran coffee. He travelled to three different farms today and got coffee from each of them. It was so delicious that he did not use sugar. Chris is not a coffee drinker (he typically goes for the Mountain Dew)! I guess coffee from the source is much better.

I told him that I was holding down the fort on Bladeforums, so just play along with that when he returns!

I received a call from Chris today. He is back at the mission home and doing well. He said he is becoming addicted to Honduran coffee. He travelled to three different farms today and got coffee from each of them. It was so delicious that he did not use sugar. Chris is not a coffee drinker (he typically goes for the Mountain Dew)! I guess coffee from the source is much better.

I told him that I was holding down the fort on Bladeforums, so just play along with that when he returns!

Mountain Dew is the drink of champions. :thumbup:

I am a coffee drinker, but when out and about Mountain Dew is the stuff. :D

Big Chris made it home early this morning. We are so thankful for you prayers and thoughts for him while he was in Honduras. He will be creating a post about the experience at some point.

Can't wait for the pics and commentary on the trip.
Welcome back Big Chris!!!!!!

Back