Sequoia Bush Bash 2014. May 2-4

A few of us are planning on doing some camping in Sequoia on May 2-4. Sort of short notice, but if anyone is interested, here's the info:

Activities: shooting, hiking, cooking, survival skills, archery. Do a search for "Bush Bash Sequoia" to see some pictures from past events.

The location is a meadow/clearing in the Sequoia National Forest.

Everyone is welcome to come as long as you bring a good attitude.

Details:
It's car camping. You basically park on the grass next to where you want to set up your tent. People start showing up at around noon on Friday (or earlier). Most people leave by late morning on Sunday. We will have a campfire permit. NO FACILITIES. Bring your own water, food, etc.

It can get cold up there. Elevation is about 4600 feet.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...666784,-118.967128&spn=0.003769,0.008149&z=18

Google directions are messed up for that area. Follow these directions to get there:

Lambertiana said:
[...] This is how to get there:

I am assuming everyone can get onto eastbound 198 from 99 at Visalia. Proceed east on 198 past Visalia. You eventually get to a stop light on 198 that is marked Exeter/Rt 65. Set your trip odometer to zero at that intersection, and continue east on 198.

At mile 9.0, turn left on 216 toward Woodlake.
At mile 9.6, turn right on Dry Creek Road
At mile 26.2, turn right on Stagecoach toward Eshom/Hartland
At mile 28.5, turn right toward Hartland/Eshom
At mile 33.7, ignore the right hand road, continue straight
At mile 36.4, turn left on the dirt road. The campsite is 0.1 mile in.

There are no other roads turning off of any significance - just ranch and private property roads, most of them with gates.

The dirt road has deep ruts. My Subaru made it no problem, and another guy who was with me had no trouble with his 2WD minivan. You just have to straddle the ruts. (note: the dirt road is maybe 100 yards long)

I borrowed a friend's GPS, and this is what I got, standing in the middle of the clearing:

36 degrees 39.557 N
118 degrees 57.403 W

11 325196E
4058666N

From my house in the western part of Visalia it took 75 minutes. [...]

Chime in if you plan on showing up!

I'll be there, and ready to lose the shooting competition again (and again and again and again). Let's include slingshot this time.

Bit of a hike from MN or I'd be in. Oh, and my Turkey tag is on those dates, and trout opens too. Have fun guys!!

Someone needs to get a 50 cal .... Going to do my best to make it. GF promised to cook good food and keep everyone full. As long as we do men's job and chop lots of fire wood for cooking and the big thing is she wants to shoot lots of guns.. Of course if I come then I bring the girl out there Bella.

I've seen her, she's flesh and blood. New Years in Anza Borrego she prepared dinner on a wok over the campfire (barrel cut down). Best Chinese food ever. Bring Bella for sure, my buddy is bringing his two old dogs and they need a young pup to liven them up.

If the old dogs get a heart attack chasing sexy Bella don't you complain. You know what happened to Bear that old pup almost passed out..
She does make good real Chinese food, Not that oily stuff you eat at the Chinese places in town. She used to own a restaurant in china.
Funny thing is that some people say it taste totally different then what they are used to think of Chinese food which is more American Chinese food.

If the old dogs get a heart attack chasing sexy Bella don't you complain. You know what happened to Bear that old pup almost passed out..
She does make good real Chinese food, Not that oily stuff you eat at the Chinese places in town. She used to own a restaurant in china.
Funny thing is that some people say it taste totally different then what they are used to think of Chinese food which is more American Chinese food.

Well looks like it's going to be summer in spring. Weather will be perfect. Just coming out of a new moon so nights will be lit by the stars.

BushBashWeather5-2014_zps6030d7d2.jpg

Planning on showing up this time. 19 years old nephew willing to join me as well.
Hope I can find this place.

Someone needs to get a 50 cal ....
Can I bring some knives to a gun fight?

Last edited:
I had a real good time and the company was excellent. Learned a thing or two about shooting guns and archery thanks to a patient instructor :)
That being said, I completely failed to teach my nephew how to properly poop in the woods :(
Lookin' forward to next one.

Back