1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

seriously???

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by bwall85, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwall85

bwall85 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2012
    less than 1 minute from the time I got my email until I clicked the link to the 3" wharncliffes....SOLD OUT.

I just happened to be in my gmail account when I got the email so I clicked it immediately and spent too much time reading it apparently....oh well....

Chances are I'll never have that good of a shot at a factory direct one again...

2. Blinkknives

Blinkknives Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    I've tried multiple times just to get on the site, no luck traffic must be heavy. Lol

3. CRKDMike

CRKDMike Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 24, 2012
    yea, I checked the link instantly, as soon as I received the e-mail, and they were sold out. I guess there is a bit of a delay for some people's e-mail.

4. justchadsmith

justchadsmith Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2012
    same here. wow

5. Tscarlett

Tscarlett Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Me to. It is frusterating but part of the game.

6. Tscarlett

Jul 22, 2011
    But look at the bright side. They will be on the exchange in a couple days with a 40% mark up.

7. BmoreJeff

BmoreJeff Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yeah when you notify 10,000 people that only 25 knives are available the chaos begins. This happens everytime I get a notification from hinderer. You'd think they'd have a better way of doing this. But I look at it this way, we all will get a shot to pay double when the lucky few resell on here!!!

8. CRKDMike

Mar 24, 2012
    LOL.....40%......more like 100%

9. Tscarlett

Jul 22, 2011
    I think the notification got stuck at customs. lol, us canucks get the old shiv again.

10. CRKDMike

Mar 24, 2012
    hahaha, damn CBSA....

11. JP Chestnut

JP Chestnut

Nov 26, 2013
    Only 40%?

12. No Agenda

No Agenda

Jun 20, 2014
    Sold out by the time I got there too, at least I wasn't the only one. Maybe it was a sign to hold out for a slicer or spanto.

13. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    There is always huge gap between the first email sent and the last email sent out by the mass mailing service. Depending on the # of subscribers this can be several hours. This possibly explains why these were SOLD OUT by the time you or me reached the site.

14. meluck

meluck

Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks RHK for these awesome opportunities. Congrats to those who scored!

15. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.