Serrated LC200N: How’s it holding up?

For those that have been using their serrated LC200N blades, how’s the edge retention and toughness?

Comparison with serrated H1 would be helpful.

Thanks!

It is fine. It took two weeks of yard/garden use for the factory edge to dull on my Native Salt SE. But completely, it was so dull, that the serrations did nothing at all.

The peaks will roll before they break, and sharpening the blade is easy and fast. On the corner of a whetstone, or by steeling it. Then I use Bark River white compound on a leather strop.

I have a SE Native Salt in LC200N and the Tasman Salt 2 with a H1 SE hawkbill blade. The two steels are kinda the same.

Are you by chance considering a serrated Pacific Salt 2? Because I am on the same boat. What I like about this version instead of the H1 is the full flat grind. But I read somwhere that while the H1 work hardens and works great in serrated edges... the LC200n does not behave so well. I still have not pulled the trigger.

Mikel

Yes. As my Serrated H1 PacSalt continues to reside on the floor of the Flathead River, I’m in need of a replacement.

My debate is between serrated H1 & serrated LC200N.

I’ve read statements both supporting and refuting the “work hardening” properties of H1. Regardless, serrated H1 held up adequately for my (rather hard) uses. If the LC200N offers an advantage, it’s a no-brainer.

The serrated Salts (& Caribbean) are popular. I’m surprised more people haven’t chimed in.

I just bought Native Salt serrated off the exchange yesterday. Very curious about the LC200N serrations.

.... If the LC200N offers an advantage, it’s a no-brainer...

My only SALT right now is one of the orange Spyderhawks. I usually carry it when I am arround boats or at the beach. I once became quite handy to clean an abandoned net from the beach (the thick rope one, not the fishing line like ones...). But I must admit for general utility is not the best blade shape. That's why I am eyeing the Pacific Salt 2.

..The serrated Salts (& Caribbean) are popular. I’m surprised more people haven’t chimed in.
Caribbeans are beautiful but I feel they are somewhat on the expensive (and heavy) side for what they offer.

The other Salts are much more popular, true!

I need to decide quickly because I have a friend right now living on the states that will be coming back to Spain in a month or so... and I can save some money if I buy it in the US and get it sent to his place for him to bring it to me.

Mikel

I have 3 salts but they are all in lc200n so I cannot compare one to the other.

I had the understanding that lc200n is a bit more resistant to corrosion and stronger than h1. But that's just internet wisdom.

I think the wharncliff delica is the most comfortable to carry for swimming.
From what I have, which is also the autonomy 2 and the Caribbean.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a SE Pacific in LC200N. I won’t be able to compare with H1 side-by-side, but perhaps my memory will be sufficient comparison.

Back