Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically a 1/4 of a year now. This is bovine excrement to be honest. Hold someone accountable already.

Basically a 1/4 of a year now. This is bovine excrement to be honest. Hold someone accountable already.

edit to add: during the time it took to load the page, type and post my lame attempt at a whitty response, and try again (resulting in a doubletapp of the non45acpKind), I was able to boil a small pan of spaghetti (which was actually pretty tasty).

It's really slow, it's taking almost a minute just to load the homepage, and sometimes the connection is timing out. There's a lot of unnecessary traffic to Facebook and Google ads, but I don't know if that's necessarily why it's so slow. See linked screenshots of a Pingdom test.

https://imgur.com/a/Bv4liqq

That shows the traffic to BF is only 13-14% of the time it takes to load the page. Most of the rest should not occur for paying members who should have their pages load much faster as the traffic to the ad servers and FB should be eliminated. It looks like although ads are not showing the page is still hit with the penalty of ad lookups.

nh1kbmq_d.jpg

All I know is - I couldn't even log on last night at 10PM Eastern even after repeated attempts over a 15 minute period. :confused: :(

The past 20 minutes or so have been really bad, several time outs, “error 522” whatever that is, a couple database errors. Seems to have improved somewhat for the moment.

Yup, really bad tonight...oddly enough it was super slow at about 10 am too:confused:

Good to here I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I guess I owe my son an apology for yelling at him for sucking up all the wifi while he was gaming. Then again he probably did something wrong.

Intermittently slow, and I couldn't get on at all for at least 20 minutes last night

Screenshot_20200323-230524_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200323-231620_Chrome.jpg

I think the slowdowns are interesting - BF is hosted by cloudflare, which is one of the most resilient systems out there. I'm surprised they have not been able to find the issue.

They have hosted many domains that have had large DDOS attacks - but they are rated as one the best companies able to withstand them
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#Distributed_DoS

I'm guessing the millions of people streaming HD videos are starting to have an impact, but these issues pre-date the mass quarantine...
my best guess would be ad networks/javascript nonsense overloading the ad servers/collectors...
however, I normally disable javascript on those... so perhaps it really is thrashing disk arrays (overloading back end disk drives)

The most likely answer; cloudflare has over-provisioned the vm servers hosting bf

let us know what cloudflare support said?

Almost had the double post issue here just now too. Looks like it's going to post, then it doesn't. Try to repost and it says I have to wait 11 more seconds. WTF? I refresh and my first post is there.

Same thing that just happened to me and I waited like 5 minutes for it to say it had successfully posted before I hit submit again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back