Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Dammit Spark, this is ridiculous. Someone NEEDS to be held accountable for this bovine-excrement forum performance. It is well over a quarter of a year of completely unexceptable performance for a FREE service, much less one we pay for.

It's 8pm Mountain time exactly that it turns to molasses for me. 7:59 is fine, 8:00 it's terrible and lasts lasts for a couple of hours. Were it not such an active time for posting, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

I support Blade Forums whole heartedly, appreciate the community and will always have a membership here. With that being said, I am beginning to wonder what's being done to solve this issue. @Spark, some communication on this would be appreciated by many of us.

the silly part is, it could be such an easy thing -> the slow down at a repeated time like that just screams that someone decided to run backups on their vm at 8pm - I've seen this exact issue bring websites and databases (which rely on disk access) to their knees.

cloudflare should be able to make this determination really easily

The issue is clearly due to social distancing!

Rz7RDbh.jpg

I get a half hour break at work every night at 7pm pacific time. I used to use this time looking through the forum, but recently I can’t even get it to load at that time.
This is the only place online that I contribute money to. But this is getting ridiculous. Just feeling frustrated that my lunchtime outlet is unavailable to me. For months it’s been unreliable.

G-Dammit Spark, this is ridiculous. Someone NEEDS to be held accountable for this bovine-excrement forum performance. It is well over a quarter of a year of completely unexceptable performance for a FREE service, much less one we pay for.

:thumbsup:

11:35 AM EST right now and the lag is maddeningly still dragging this forum down. In my experience - as I check throughout the day due to the casual nature of my work - the lag has no favorite time - it is totally arbitrary.

11:35 AM EST right now and the lag is maddeningly still dragging this forum down. In my experience - as I check throughout the day due to the casual nature of my work - the lag has no favorite time - it is totally arbitrary.
I have experienced it at random times, but I've come to expect it around 8 or 9pm central time.

It was extremely slow and then I got Cloudfare error 525: SSL handshake failed.

I ran the web page through Google’s PageSpeed Insights (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/) and it got a miserable 8/100 or Slow score over the past 30 days. It recommends the following which shows that even for paying members there are a lot of lookups including ads. There are many other recommendations.

y28Muai_d.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy slow/partial loading here too:mad::(

Screenshot_20200330-191946_Chrome.jpg

Took 45 seconds to load a page.

Google’s PageSpeed Insights did not complete:

Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_TIMED_OUT)

Cloudfare error:

An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish. The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources.

A few minutes after the Cloudfare error things are running fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back