Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all started on January 29th when ads started appearing for even paid members. The ad issue got resolved on January 30th but the occasional daily slowness (intolerable at times) has remained ever since.

What happened on January 29th like a Xenforo update?

The slowness issue has now been going on for two months!

This all started on January 29th when ads started appearing for even paid members. The ad issue got resolved on January 30th but the occasional daily slowness (intolerable at times) has remained ever since.

What happened on January 29th like a Xenforo update?

The slowness issue has now been going on for two months!
I honestly think the slowness was going on well before that, at least intermittently.

I hadn’t experienced the slowness in a while, but I think with my normal schedule being all out of whack the last few weeks, I just wasn’t getting on BF at this same time of night. Well, I was here tonight, and like clockwork, at 9pm Central (and for at least 20 minutes) it was as bad as I’ve seen it. Painfully slow.

The slowness hasn't been a big problem for me as I don't typically do a lot on here after 8pm EST. That said, when I do check in after 8, I definitely notice the issue.

I realize this is a frustrating ongoing issue, but right now especially, I think folks need to have a bit more understanding. Sounds like a difficult to track down issue involving multiple parties combined with what is going on in the world right now. Take a deep breath.

The slowness hasn't been a big problem for me as I don't typically do a lot on here after 8pm EST. That said, when I do check in after 8, I definitely notice the issue.

I realize this is a frustrating ongoing issue, but right now especially, I think folks need to have a bit more understanding. Sounds like a difficult to track down issue involving multiple parties combined with what is going on in the world right now. Take a deep breath.

Always seems to be right at 10pm EST for me (was 9pm before daylight savings). During the week it's not that big of a deal as I'm usually going to bed around that time. So only becomes a pain for me on Fri and Sat nights. But given everything else that's going on, way down on my list of worries....

I agree it’s not the biggest thing in life right now, but assuming Spark is looking into a fix, it might be helpful to know if/when there are still issues.

That said, I know absolutely squat about servers & networking & stuff.

I've been back and forth with the hosting company on this.

First they tell me we are getting DDOSed, and I tell them that the only traffic coming through the firewall should be from cloudflare, then they tell me that's the case, then they can't figure out what's going on. Meanwhile they are combining multiple companies together under one corporate umbrella, then doing their covid response. Sigh.

First of all, thanks, Spark Spark for taking care of things.

Second - unfortunately, still super slow at times. Even if just loading pages, or even simple replies or quotes, not trying to upload anything. I hope this gets sorted out soon, by the hosting company.

Like clockwork, every single evening now, for about 15-20 minutes. Annoying.

Possibly worth note, more and more I'm getting an error from BF (not CloudFlare) saying:
"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Not sure if that's helpful or not?

Really getting old.

Some days and times things are a-ok. Other times, impossible. I've paid close attention and for me, on the west coast, there is no real ppatern.

Odd. It happens at 8pm mountain time for me, every day, on the nose, for ~15-20 minutes. Seems like a server database backup or something at this point, too predictable and consistent to be much else.

Odd. It happens at 8pm mountain time for me, every day, on the nose, for ~15-20 minutes. Seems like a server database backup or something at this point, too predictable and consistent to be much else.
Same here, 9pm Central. It's when I know it's time to take a 30 minute break and feed the cat, do the dishes, etc. Kinda useful, actually.

Like clockwork, every single evening now, for about 15-20 minutes. Annoying.

Possibly worth note, more and more I'm getting an error from BF (not CloudFlare) saying:
"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Not sure if that's helpful or not?

Same here, 9pm Central. It's when I know it's time to take a 30 minute break and feed the cat, do the dishes, etc. Kinda useful, actually.

Yep, 10 eastern for me. And also started to get that error message.

You all might be right. Started having issues at ~7pm PST here. I've had it earlier though. Noonish seems to sometimes cause me issues though nighttime is for sure far worse.

I got this:

Error 522 Ray ID: 58529f9d48277a03 • 2020-04-17 02:12:51 UTC
Connection timed out

Then an image that showed my browser working, Cloudfare working, Host site not working.

What happened?
The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

What can I do?
If you're a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:
Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not completing requests. An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish. The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 58529f9d48277a03 • Your IP: 2601:602:ca00:7cd0:8da8:4116:9258:1035 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Not sure if that helps at all Spark Spark .

Last edited:
KLuQtSZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back