Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but to "not become a contributor" over it seems a bit excessive. If it was slow all the time I could certainly understand, but luckily it only seems to be for 30min or so each night.
For me, it *is* slow all the time. I ran a forum for over 20 years and we also asked for user support. When we had issues brought to our attention, we responded publicly and corrected them. If you ask for money on top of advertising revenue, it seems like a reasonable request.

For me, it *is* slow all the time. I ran a forum for over 20 years and we also asked for user support. When we had issues brought to our attention, we responded publicly and corrected them. If you ask for money on top of advertising revenue, it seems like a reasonable request.

Just realized I probably misunderstood what you meant by "contributor". I was thinking contributing in terms of posts, but guessing you meant a paid membership? If so, your stance makes a lot more sense. Sorry about that.

Just realized I probably misunderstood what you meant by "contributor". I was thinking contributing in terms of posts, but guessing you meant a paid membership? If so, your stance makes a lot more sense. Sorry about that.
Yes, paid membership. As you can see by the years I've been here, I don't post all that much and I never sell anything. Add to that, frequent slow run times (for me), and, well...

My life pattern the last few weeks has kept me occupied with other stuff during the nightly standstill.

Tonight I tried to visit around 8:10 mdt. When BFC wouldn’t load I was about to start screaming at the kids for dicking with the wifi...then I remembered.

45 seconds to load a page! Like clockwork a scheduled process kicks in at 7pm Pacific Time each evening (possibly other times). This fact alone should help find the offending process and move it say midnight Pacific Time. We have now dealt with this issue for nearly 4 months! Nobody cares even if you’re a paying member?! Slowness for once or twice a day for about 45 minutes is acceptable?!

Totally surprised this has been going on for 4 months now. Pretty much unusable at 8pm pacific time.

I had the fleeting thought of Not renewing my Gold Membership because of the problems But I do enjoy the site when it's working.

Bladeforum's Internet Provider is screwing you over because of the bad support \ service. Probably has an actual impact on your revenue reading others posts.

Brutal...took me 5 minutes to get this page to load. And almost even more annoying is the constant multiple posts (especially sales threads) from people who are either unaware of the problem or just don't bother refreshing to see if it took. It has to be making a ton of work for the mods...maybe an announcement banner outlining the problem from @Spark would help. But really...this is ridiculous and getting really old....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back