Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a fyi..back again right in the middle of a thread it just switched to this error. I had only been getting it while changing threads or refreshing but this one struck w/o warning. Seems to be bed time

6.22.JPG

Since bouncing around the thread trying to determine the cause that I am sure was detailed at some point is not feasible during these nightly outages, could someone summarize the issue? The site is always slower than all the other forums I visit, but at this time of night, it is nearly impossible to navigate. Why at this time of night? What is the general issues for the other 23 hrs/dy? Why aren't other forums affected (at least the sites I visit)? Not trying to be an arse, just genuinely curious what is going on. Could somebody copy/paste the explanation or make it a sticky until resolved?

Mountain time there seems to be lag around 10am, 2pm, and 8pm. We also had it at 9pm just now (which is rare) and there are also random times it happens. I thought some of those times were my service so I have gotten into the habit of checking other sites when it happens and all is fine elsewhere 10 times out of 10.

Another consistency is that it lasts for about a half hour and is the worst during the first 5-10 minutes.

This could all be coincidence and I don't understand tech but maybe this pattern could be recognized by the savy.

If I communicated this poorly on an issue my clients would have my ass and rightfully so. To use a dirty word in the knife community, this is what being "Ghosted" feels like.

Why isn’t this issue addressed? We actually pay for this shitty service. This is the slowest site on the internet.
Easy there hulk.

I guess I'm not that impacted. Only notice the nightly 10pm slow down which notifies me it is time to go to bed anyway.

I am having consistent issues with the site load times as well. I had not used BF for years, but I never had an issue with it prior. Since rejoining as a paying member, it has two speeds—slow and just about stationary. The best load times I am getting are 5-15 seconds. The worst is measured in minutes and sometimes ends in timing out.

I am having consistent issues with the site load times as well. I had not used BF for years, but I never had an issue with it prior. Since rejoining as a paying member, it has two speeds—slow and just about stationary. The best load times I am getting are 5-15 seconds. The worst is measured in minutes and sometimes ends in timing out.

Just to keep the information flowing for analysis of the problem in advance of the FIX (some day) -

My experience echos this post ^. There is more than simply the lag in the PM. I only need add that there are some moments, of some days, without any perceptible lag - like the old days :rolleyes:

Just to keep the information flowing for analysis of the problem in advance of the FIX (some day) -

My experience echos this post ^. There is more than simply the lag in the PM. I only need add that there are some moments, of some days, without any perceptible lag - like the old days :rolleyes:
So, are there regional issues? Because I only notice the 10pm slow down for about 30 minutes each night.

11:27 AM Central time

dvbaiOR.png

Are these servers now held in Bangladesh? The hell is going on here...it's been like this for months off & on. So many duplicate for sale threads because of this. Has the forums owners or somebody come out and addressed this issue?

Congrats on being the ONLY website or forum I know of that sh!ts it's pants daily (at least once, but realistically multiple times) for a full half year.

AND - it really isn't a specified time every day.

This started around 8AM Eastern (when I first tried to get on at 8:15) and went through until just after 9 AM.

Just sayin' and so askin' - WHY Spark Spark WHY? :confused:

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 8.19.41 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back