Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking into this and have multiple tickets in with hosting and they cannot give me solid answers besides "too much traffic"

I'm investigating another hosting company
Thanks for the update Spark:thumbsup:

Apropos of nothing it also turns out that one of our hosting's datacenters also had a 29 minute outage earlier today as well. GREAT

Forum has been loading very strangely the last few hours...avatars lagging, some pics never loading, weird arrows in the header for a second:confused:

Forum has been loading very strangely the last few hours...avatars lagging, some pics never loading, weird arrows in the header for a second:confused:

Yep.

Also "Likes" have been a little weird. A few times today I would click Like and it would redirect me to a page to confirm the like. It sort of reminds me of when you click the More Options button to a post. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, I've just never seen it before.

I've been getting the same for a couple days. No smileys, photos or avatars showing.

If someone posts a photo and I can't see it, I click "reply" and the photo shows in the reply window as part of a quote but never in the original post.

I thought it was just my phone but other devices and members ( @AntDog ) are getting the same.

Yep.

Also "Likes" have been a little weird. A few times today I would click Like and it would redirect me to a page to confirm the like. It sort of reminds me of when you click the More Options button to a post. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, I've just never seen it before.

I don't get a confirmation page when clicking 'like' but my keyboard on my iPad comes up as if the forum software is expecting a typed reply. Like when you click in the reply text box.o_O

I don't get a confirmation page when clicking 'like' but my keyboard on my iPad comes up as if the forum software is expecting a typed reply. Like when you click in the reply text box.o_O

Weird. I dont think that's the same that I was experiencing. I could be wrong as each time I quickly hit the back button then clicked like again and it worked normally. I'll snap a screenshot if it happens again.

I'm seeing posts that appear to be empty (no matter how many times I refresh) but when I hit reply I see a picture. The pictures are hosted at various sites, including imgur and tumblr.

I'm using xenforo default style, Opera on Android.

I've always thought caching is an unworkable disaster on websites that change as frequently as BladeForums, but what do I know....

Got the weird "like confirmation" screen:confused:

Screenshot_20200709-064919_Chrome.jpg

Pages are still loading weird too sometimes...

Holy crap! It’s 7:17 and BF is working flawlessly and not lagging severely! Is it finally fixed? :D:thumbsup:

It seems sporadic in the last week or so, sluggish more often than before but at different times. A lot of blank posts in picture threads. No broken link, just blank posts, reloading the page doesn't change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back