Several recent pieces and a 3 year mystery solved!!

I'm a little behind on posting so I will post several recent pieces and for the sake of time I will leave out some of the specs and let you just enjoy the pics.
First up is this nice little stag and damascus hunter with the photo being by Justin King, a photographer who is just breaking into knife photography under the tutelage of our old friend Chuck Ward!
orig.jpg

Next is this little damascus and ivory patch knife with the photo also by Justin King

orig.jpg

Next is this bear jaw and damascus dagger that was photographed by Coop last month in Little Rock.
orig.jpg

Also shot by Coop in Little rock is this damascus and walrus ivory Bowie with scrimshaw by my friend Linda Karst Stone.
orig.jpg

Next is this big stag and damascus monster shot by Caleb Royer.
orig.jpg

Last but not least is the answer to a 3 year mystery.Many of you may rember that I had a package disappear from the post office when it was sent out to be photographed and it contained a large damascus and ivory bowie, also with scrim by Linda Karst Stone.
Well, I found out by chance that it was sold on ebay and purchased by a dealer in China, who photographed it and then sold the piece, not knowing of course that it was stolen.So, as it turns out, this dealer is about to publish a book on custom knives and knife makers, and I will be in the book, along with this piece and several more!!Now the world finally gets to see this piece and it is at least some closure knowing what happened to it!!
orig.jpg

Absolutely stunning knives, at least you found out what happened to the stolen knife. Unfortunately you won't be paid for it, but getting photos published will be nice.

Wow what a wild story. Very nice knives and the pics are all excellent.

Beautiful knives! Too bad that there isn’t really any recourse! Closure is nice but really sucks you can’t trust the postal service and then it makes it through all those steps.

Fantastic looking knives, so rich with detail. The scrimshaw really sets the Bowies off. Thanks for the look.

Superb work mate.
Your attention to detail is fantastic as usual.
Thanks for sharing.
Mitch

Have you contacted the eBay seller to see where they got it from? With the value of the knife, it should be worth pursuing.

Back