Several Warenski daggers posted on Nordic this AM

If anyone wants one, there are going fast. Four sold already. :eek: :)

High end custom knives by the better known makers are going like
hotcakes, and it is happening all over the world!
Is this is a good time to sell or what.....

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Stephanyan's engraving style is absolutely incredible, but $25000 for a WH? Did I miss something?

Only one left now that I can see.

I guess I will just have to wait until next time! ;)

What's interesting to me is that there were 3 daggers at $12,000 each, and the one I liked the best (the Cobra Dagger) is the one that didn't sell... :confused:

Also, William Henry released their quarterly "one of a kinds" this morning priced from $1,000 to $25,000 each. Better hurry on those too as they will most likely all be gone by day's end.

http://williamhenrystudio.com/QuarterlyoneofaKind/tabid/106/Default.aspx

Out of the 42 "one of a kinds" William Henry folders posted this morning 40 have sold or are pending sale, including the $25,000 piece.

Now that's a marketing and business success story.

Since about 2006, the entire quarterly collection sells within 24 hours without exception. Although this has nothing to do with Warenski daggers, WHK pulls about $60,000 per quarter in a day. This has to be good for someone, although if you compare prices with the "regular" stuff they put out, the quarterlies are often a better value than the regulars and limiteds.

The quality is impeccable, the materials grand; the action clean, and perfect service. I also think the reliabilty factor has a lot to do with it.

Since about 2006, the entire quarterly collection sells within 24 hours without exception. Although this has nothing to do with Warenski daggers, WHK pulls about $60,000 per quarter in a day. This has to be good for someone, although if you compare prices with the "regular" stuff they put out, the quarterlies are often a better value than the regulars and limiteds.

The quality is impeccable, the materials grand; the action clean, and perfect service. I also think the reliabilty factor has a lot to do with it.

Lack of effort in acquiring the piece has to factor into it as well, for the "must have now" instant gratification/too much money to spend in one lifetime crowd.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Lack of effort in acquiring the piece has to factor into it as well, for the "must have now" instant gratification/too much money to spend in one lifetime crowd.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

And more power to them. Keep that money circulating. :thumbup: :) Now if we could just get some of it circulating towards traditional customs. ;)

Joss
What's interesting to me is that there were 3 daggers at $12,000 each, and the one I liked the best (the Cobra Dagger) is the one that didn't sell...

Joss I think I have an idea why this one didn't sell as quick as the others. First of it speaks to me too but I think that the "high dollar" collectors/investors consider this a too specific topic (on a knife) to make it appeal to a larger crowd and when it comes to resell day they need and want a large audience to sell it to.

An other example of this fenomenon IMO is the Julie Warenski dagger on KnifeArt. It's a AKI piece of impeccable quality (as far as I can see from the pictures) but isn't sold so far. IMO this is caused by the fact that the look and feel of this knife is a bit "over the top".

Marcel

Also, William Henry released their quarterly "one of a kinds" this morning priced from $1,000 to $25,000 each. Better hurry on those too as they will most likely all be gone by day's end.

http://williamhenrystudio.com/QuarterlyoneofaKind/tabid/106/Default.aspx

Some people don't get it. The US and the world are going through a financial meltdown and folks are still collecting nice, charming artifacts but spectacularly bad investments.

Some people don't get it. The US and the world are going through a financial meltdown and folks are still collecting nice, charming artifacts but spectacularly bad investments.

And we should be thankful to these people as spending whether it be for luxury cars, homes, boats or collectibles keeps people working and helps to create new jobs thus stimulating a poor economy.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I'm not aware of the location of the purchasers, but as the dollar goes down, foreign buyers continue to get discounts!

There are a lot of people out there with enough money that 10 or 20 thousand is of little concern.

Imagine if Bill Gates or Warren Buffet decided to collect knives!

Joss I think I have an idea why this one didn't sell as quick as the others. First of it speaks to me too but I think that the "high dollar" collectors/investors consider this a too specific topic (on a knife) to make it appeal to a larger crowd and when it comes to resell day they need and want a large audience to sell it to.

An other example of this fenomenon IMO is the Julie Warenski dagger on KnifeArt. It's a AKI piece of impeccable quality (as far as I can see from the pictures) but isn't sold so far. IMO this is caused by the fact that the look and feel of this knife is a bit "over the top".

Marcel

Interesting - I didn't know there was such a thing as over the top in that market. :D Ah, looks like the last $12k dagger sold.

Wednesday wasn't a bad day for WH. All $100,050.00 of their quarterly offering sold in one day including the $25,000.00 folder and four ink pens. That along with the Warenski daggers made a good week for those selling collectibles knives.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Frankly, I don't see how buying from the quarterly collection is any different from buying from any internet-based resource. It is exactly the same as buying from Robertson, Brahams, Ostroff, Conelley, etc. You are only a click away from your aquisition.

As regards the too much money - well, it is only money after all. Why would anyone pay $2000 for a Charles Marlowe linerlock knife that only 3 years ago sold from AG Russell for $300. Riddle me that.

Ah, two of the Warenski daggers are now up for sale on Knife Lengends - nice arbitrage work.

Boy - do they look better with Coop's pictures. As much as I love Nordic from a customer stand point, I'm not sure they would be my top choice for consignment.

Back