Shadow Tech Knives?

Just ran across a USA knife company called Shadow Tech Knives that I've not even heard of before now. I'm really liking what I'm seeing, especially their Wolf Drop Point (pictured below). Does anyone have any experience with this company?

shadowtech-wolf-bowie-stk034.jpg

And a few quick specs:

Overall Length: 8.25"
Blade Length: 4.375"
Cutting Edge: 3.75"
Blade Width: 1.5"
Blade Thickness: 3/16"
Blade Steel: 1095, HRC 57-58
Blade Finish: Black Powder Coat
Weight: 6.4 oz. (8.2 oz. w/sheath)
Sheath: Kydex

They look like the non-production version of TOPS. Except that Tops is releasing, or already has released, a large amount of usable, practical, good looking designs.

Just ran across a USA knife company called Shadow Tech Knives that I've not even heard of before now. I'm really liking what I'm seeing, especially their Wolf Drop Point (pictured below). Does anyone have any experience with this company?

shadowtech-wolf-bowie-stk034.jpg

I don't know anything about them but that handle looks rather uncomfortable to me

Great prices, but not really convinced about the designs.

As mentioned that handle seems popular with them and I can't see it working for me.

Also not a fan of the obnoxious blade coating.

Blind Horse Knives have that low price high value market cornered if you ask me.

I guess shadow tech is going for the more tactical look, but that doesn't translate into usability.

There's a huge number of companies that have already beaten the 1095-and-micarta market to death. TOPS, ESEE, and Becker, to name a few. The example you posted looks and sounds completely unremarkable in every aspect.

Sorry to sound so critical, I'm just rather tired of companies doing the same thing over and over again.

I noticed them recently as well. I'd put money on some relation to Tops.. which means they are likely manufactured by Rowen... so that's good. Design wise, I too, give what I've seen a "meh." Buy an ESEE.

I noticed them recently as well. I'd put money on some relation to Tops.. which means they are likely manufactured by Rowen... so that's good. Design wise, I too, give what I've seen a "meh." Buy an ESEE.

Rowen doesn't do manufacturing for TOPS any more, and Shadow Tech knives are either hand made or mid tech.

Rowen doesn't do manufacturing for TOPS any more, and Shadow Tech knives are either hand made or mid tech.

True. Rowen still makes ESEE knives and doing one hell of a job at it. I've always been a fan of these high quality 1095 steel blades.

This is an interesting thread as I was speaking with gentleman at my Doctor's office today about knife and gun shows, etc. and this is the brand he mentioned. I had never heard of them but then log into the forum and BAM there it is!

Back