Shaman sprint run?

Haha, maybe it did... :eek: :D

A generous forum member wasn't thrilled with the size of the Shaman upon receipt of this one, and offered it to sell it to me for what he had into it! :cool: :thumbsup: It will be here tomorrow!!! :D
You just hit the lottery ! Congrats on both the new “watch” and Shaman :D

Hey guys
Any ideas how many micarta shamans they made ? I heard it’s less then the usual sprint run of 1200.

BOOM!!!

Goes tha dynamite!!! WooHoo!!! :cool: :thumbsup: Mine landed this afternoon. Love it!!!

IMG_4769.jpg

After handling it a little bit, I wish there were more heavy-duty folders like this with canvas micarta! Feels great! :thumbsup: I get caught off guard how almost dainty my PM2's feel after carrying the M4 one for awhile. Speaking of, here she be with her sibling:

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

Now time to get her dirty! :D :cool:

BOOM!!!

Goes tha dynamite!!! WooHoo!!! :cool: :thumbsup: Mine landed this afternoon. Love it!!!

View attachment 1225844

After handling it a little bit, I wish there were more heavy-duty folders like this with canvas micarta! Feels great! :thumbsup: I get caught off guard how almost dainty my PM2's feel after carrying the M4 one for awhile. Speaking of, here she be with her sibling:

View attachment 1225845

View attachment 1225846

Now time to get her dirty! :D :cool:
Beautiful dye job and even more beautiful patina on that blade. I hope to get the M4 version one day.

Yeah, I know. Just amazed that info is missing after 2+ years. :eek:

Beautiful dye job and even more beautiful patina on that blade. I hope to get the M4 version one day.

Thank you! It's is a mustard patina, looks nice. It's pretty subtle on M4 (not so much on 52100), and I haven't had any real corrosion issues on any of my satin M4 after doing this. Granted, M4 seems to be fairly corrosion-resistant to begin with.

The "dye job" isn't quite a dye job, it's just Sharpie! :cool: Check this out: Easy Ghost G10 in Your Choice of Color

Yeah, I know. Just amazed that info is missing after 2+ years. :eek:

Thank you! It's is a mustard patina, looks nice. It's pretty subtle on M4 (not so much on 52100), and I haven't had any real corrosion issues on any of my satin M4 after doing this. Granted, M4 seems to be fairly corrosion-resistant to begin with.

The "dye job" isn't quite a dye job, it's just Sharpie! :cool: Check this out: Easy Ghost G10 in Your Choice of Color
I remember reading that sharpie thread! Pretty cool.

I have used my M4 Manix and Native in a construction environment, where both have developed rust spots. I don't use them in wet conditions but I presume my pocket is quite sweaty. If I get a Shaman in M4 I think I will attempt a patina of my own.

I did NOT. Between here and the home Spyderco forums, only 3 out of 15 folks have claimed they were chosen. I'd love to hear of more... (Hopefully it doesn't mean 12 went to flippers :eek:)

Blade HQ started a lottery of their own today for their batch, by their description a "very limited supply". Runs until Sunday, winners of the option to purchase will be chosen on Monday the 11th and given 48 hours to complete their purchase.

I didn’t get picked in the lottery at DLT. I signed up for the BHQ one and will seek out a memory loss clinic if I don’t get a lottery pick there to wipe this knife from my mental hard drive.

I signed up for the bhq lotto but I could care less at this point. My heart is set on denim; blue is my preferred color.

With more variations on the way, I would expect the aftermarket price on these micarta/cruwear Shaman's to eventually drop as the other variations become available. I truly believe this variation is the flavor of the week and next week it will be something else. While there is certainly nothing wrong with acquiring the flavor of the week, I expect discerning, patient Spyderco customers will find a Shaman they like and want at a reasonable price in time. We shall see.

Just noticed these are "available and ready to ship" for $320 at that place that charges $15 for shipping.

Back