Shaman sprint run?

I was only able to get my test piece. I might add that it was my first choice, but management decided to make a plain jane black G-10 model to test the design. There are a number of exclusives on the Shaman out there as well. I think it's one of my better designs having spent a long time ( more than a year ) on the design.

sal

I think so too. Right up there with the Military, which is one of the all-time best designs ! I need this sprint though. Great materials for a working knife.

3 of these have already sold on the Big Auction Site (not that bad as compared to some of the gouging I saw on here on the St. Nick's 4V versions!). All had the collector numbers like 0xxV stamped on them, so these were the samples which were sent out to those "loyal" Spydie customers first! SMDH!

3 of these have already sold on the Big Auction Site (not that bad as compared to some of the gouging I saw on here on the St. Nick's 4V versions!). All had the collector numbers like 0xxV stamped on them, so these were the samples which were sent out to those "loyal" Spydie customers first! SMDH!

There is a good video on you tube K.k. posted . Search shaman cruwear.

I hope that any flipper who manages to get ahold of any of the CruCarta Shaman, and tries to flip it for a profit, gets leprosy and loses all their digits. :rolleyes: No, I'm not a fan of flippers. :mad: I refuse to bend to that extortion. :poop:

Yeah, I want one. And I have a gut feeling I won't get one. :( Love my M4 BHQ model, and would really love a CruCarta version. But if the various outlets only have them available for a few minutes at some random time of the day, there's likely 0% chance I'll manage to score. Grr.

"In stock" email alerts are too slow. Especially if there's only ~5 examples for sale. If you didn't happen to already be looking at it when it came into stock, it's unlikely to score one.

I put in a pre-order at KC within half an hour of it being listed on their site, so I'm banking on that being sufficient to get in on this. Fingers crossed.

Two thoughts on the rapid depletion of these and the likelihood of getting one...

If they are disappearing THAT fast, is it possible that employees of these online retailers are buying them, possibly even with the intent to flip them? If someone works at a place like this, chances are they at least like knives and probably know that what they have in this knife will be wildly popular. I knew of someone a few years back that was an employee at such a place (forget where though) and was using his employee discount to buy up certain popular Benchmades that he then turned around and sold for a healthy profit while still being able to undercut most other sellers because of his discount. My understanding was that it did not end well for him.

Being this combo is so popular, is it likely/possible we will see another batch or three of the same combo, or maybe with just a different color of micarta? Seems like a no-brainer if a retailer wants to make a bit of $.

Part of this is just perception and bad assumptions. When the shipping news came out, it was assumed dealers would be listing normal allotments soon. In reality, that shipping news was related to Collector Club and Premier only. So, as usual, these will still be hitting the major dealers in larger batches...sometime. That unknown timeframe is what makes it stressful and tricky for those looking to score (and beat the flippers).

On the bright side, Sal mentioned there are at least 4 Exclusives in the works. So your knife dollars will have plenty of opportunity to deploy and deplete your checking account. ;)

Two thoughts on the rapid depletion of these and the likelihood of getting one...

If they are disappearing THAT fast, is it possible that employees of these online retailers are buying them, possibly even with the intent to flip them? If someone works at a place like this, chances are they at least like knives and probably know that what they have in this knife will be wildly popular. I knew of someone a few years back that was an employee at such a place (forget where though) and was using his employee discount to buy up certain popular Benchmades that he then turned around and sold for a healthy profit while still being able to undercut most other sellers because of his discount. My understanding was that it did not end well for him.

Being this combo is so popular, is it likely/possible we will see another batch or three of the same combo, or maybe with just a different color of micarta? Seems like a no-brainer if a retailer wants to make a bit of $.

Unless dealers have specific policies that prohibit their employees from buying, what you said is a very possibility or could even be the reality.

Meh, I'm gradually losing my hope and interest on this one! I don't know as to where I am on the original KC preorder list, i.e, how long it was active before being scrapped as an option, but I do know that it was taken down the morning after the evening I had pre-ordered 24 days ago (no charges to my CC as of yet).

As my post a few posts back states, I even managed to get one in my cart on the SMK site before I got skunked within seconds of checking out / payment! I'll leave the KC pre-order open without much hope for an actual fulfillment if I'm in the back of the line unless Spyderco decides to do encore Sprint on these.

I am not a member on the Spyderco Forums but I was reviewing this model's thread on their Site which has now turned into a complete shyte-show. The whole experience has been WTF-Meh so far but I still keep hoping that it will turn out to a favorable outcome :)

It's not like Cru-wear and micata are difficult to produce. Seeing the high demand of these materials on the Shaman platform, there is no reason for Spyderco not to produce more. Sal himself also said a few sprint runs of Shaman are under way. So just relax - if you miss this one, there will be more coming (could even be better ones).

They are not shipping yet. We have only shipped to collectors and Premieres.

sal
Update muchly appreciated...

Got a friend with 8 open windows continually cycling through them and refreshing.

To say that this release has created a bit of buzz is an understatement.

So...

A nice blue micarta version is on the production schedule, right?

;)

Update muchly appreciated...

Got a friend with 8 open windows continually cycling through them and refreshing.

To say that this release has created a bit of buzz is an understatement.

So...

A nice blue micarta version is on the production schedule, right?

;)

If that friend your talking about is me. Yes I have 8 or so windows open as well on my iPhone periodically refreshing the pages. I’ve seen one site with one left in stock according to the dealer over the phone. Only problem is they want full retail .

They are not shipping yet. We have only shipped to collectors and Premieres.

sal

Thanks for noting that Sal. When I was refreshing all the dealer pages on my phone just a bit ago, DLT had it available to "add to cart". However, I was unable to complete check-out. So maybe it was just a glitch? Hopefully.

Meh, I'm gradually losing my hope and interest on this one! I don't know as to where I am on the original KC preorder list, i.e, how long it was active before being scrapped as an option, but I do know that it was taken down the morning after the evening I had pre-ordered 24 days ago (no charges to my CC as of yet).

As my post a few posts back states, I even managed to get one in my cart on the SMK site before I got skunked within seconds of checking out / payment! I'll leave the KC pre-order open without much hope for an actual fulfillment if I'm in the back of the line unless Spyderco decides to do encore Sprint on these.

I am not a member on the Spyderco Forums but I was reviewing this model's thread on their Site which has now turned into a complete shyte-show. The whole experience has been WTF-Meh so far but I still keep hoping that it will turn out to a favorable outcome :)

Fully accept that I was a part of the recent sh!tshow on the thread, and I won't apologize. :rolleyes: I think it's pretty well-known here on BF that I can't stand flippers. They have NO part of the "community" and should be tarred and feathered IMO. :mad:

If the recent St. Nick's 4V model was any indication (thankfully I had zero interest in that one), it's going to be bad news for the CruCarta one, and I will not be a happy man. Despite the fact that only the collectors club and premier dealer knives have gone out, we're already seeing drastic gouging on the prices by some "dealers", and flippers are already high on their own supply. I suspect it will only get worse as the bulk ofthe knives start to ship. Sickening. :poop:

Thanks for noting that Sal. When I was refreshing all the dealer pages on my phone just a bit ago, DLT had it available to "add to cart". However, I was unable to complete check-out. So maybe it was just a glitch? Hopefully.

Fully accept that I was a part of the recent sh!tshow on the thread, and I won't apologize. :rolleyes: I think it's pretty well-known here on BF that I can't stand flippers. They have NO part of the "community" and should be tarred and feathered IMO. :mad:

If the recent St. Nick's 4V model was any indication (thankfully I had zero interest in that one), it's going to be bad news for the CruCarta one, and I will not be a happy man. Despite the fact that only the collectors club and premier dealer knives have gone out, we're already seeing drastic gouging on the prices by some "dealers", and flippers are already high on their own supply. I suspect it will only get worse as the bulk ofthe knives start to ship. Sickening. :poop:

Didn’t realize that you were in there too! I just saw walls and walls of text beyond page 10-11 which had nothing really pertaining to any heads up news!

Back