Shaman Z-Wear Sprint

Got one from nationalknives this morning; still surprised how easy it was. Got an email notification and bought it 5 minutes afterwards. Much easier than the CW version last year. Thanks for the larger quantities, Spyderco!

On the flip side, I think the Shaman is perfect for me. Haven't been able to score a zwear yet, couldn't get a rex 45 either. Don't want to pay the inflated scalper prices either.

Oh well. Love my shamans, carry my S30v everyday.
Exactly!

I love the Shaman weight and Ergos! I'm used to heavier knives as I frequently carry larger CS blades! While not as comfortable as the AD 10, The Shaman comes close for my XL-XL Sized hands.

Anyone know of a dealer who still has them? I signed up for email alerts at several places thinking I could get one with the larger quantities Sal mentioned being produced but haven’t gotten any in stock alerts.

Anyone know of a dealer who still has them? I signed up for email alerts at several places thinking I could get one with the larger quantities Sal mentioned being produced but haven’t gotten any in stock alerts.

Yeah, good luck with that. Your best bet is to follow the "watch" thread over on Spyderco forums and be ready! They are selling out in under 5 minutes on every site I've seen. I believe some of the larger dealers still haven't released them yet.

Knifecenter just released them. Sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Just got one! Non-supporting dealer( to my knowledge) and was last one anyway. Very excited!

Trying to actually acquire this Shaman variant is exhausting. I wish I didn't want it as badly as I do..

I'm in the same boat with you. I want one terribly and am not nearly fast enough, and don't have a program running to snatch it for me either. You should see the amount going up on ebay. I wonder what the ratio of people who actually got one to use it compared to flippers who only want to make a profit is.

The retailer I get my gear from had the Zwear Shaman drop tonight. I’ve been checking and refreshing their site multiple times every day for more than a week now. The email came through and my goddamn phone didn’t give me a notification until 45 mins after they went live. I missed it. 60 pieces sold out. I feel like smashing my phone on the ground. Utter disappointment, just like the Cruwear drop however long ago. Bloody hell. I’m not trying to be overly dramatic but this is an ultra-shitty way to end a shitty week.

I got one, it is stuck on the other side of the country due to the big winter storm.

Definitely going to be a user for me. I won't pass up a second one to hoard.

Only place I have seen claiming still in stock right now is at MSRP

Last edited:

While I was lucky to get the Zwear at one of the first vendors that released, I also had signed up for email/text alerts at dealers where those systems worked in the past. After noticing that I wasn't getting any "in stock" notifications after confirmed drops to my regular email, I checked the spam folder in gmail and there was a few over a 3 day period. Don't know why gmail did this(recently got a new phone) but that may explain the lack of notification to some extent.

Of course I'm at work and when I can't check they come out lol

I give up to many other things to stress out about I'll watch secondary market

Recieved mine yesterday. Mine came slightly off centered... but was easily fixed... well i tried multiple time before hitting the sweep spot without getting blade play or getting off centered after few openings.

Before
D1259139-6-E9-A-401-B-AD8-F-6-B1-D7-B3325-CE.jpg

After
F11-BCE3-A-E3-E2-48-A7-BE49-423-B8-E5-F9-C2-A.jpg

Overall quite happy with this one. My first shaman.

FB71-AD6-A-C1-F5-4-A11-8-A17-EA8316574-C32.jpg

Well, I suppose I am VERY late to the party! I got a text and an email today from Blade HQ that they were in stock. I IMMEDIATELY hit the link and they were already gone. I wonder if that was a glitch in their system, like they were late with notifications. That’s a definite bummer. I have been watching for months...Oh well, I guess I have a preorder for the Micarta Cru Wear PM2 whenever that drops but I was really looking forward to a Shaman...

Well, I suppose I am VERY late to the party! I got a text and an email today from Blade HQ that they were in stock. I IMMEDIATELY hit the link and they were already gone. I wonder if that was a glitch in their system, like they were late with notifications. That’s a definite bummer. I have been watching for months...Oh well, I guess I have a preorder for the Micarta Cru Wear PM2 whenever that drops but I was really looking forward to a Shaman...

I got the same text and was able to place an order. I then kept refreshing the page and they went out of stock a minute later. I’ve had the most luck with BHQ and their texting when an item is in stock. I was also able to snag the Protech Malibu in the dlc as well as the one with stonewashed blade. You just have to be very quick with placing your order, if you burp you may miss it. Both Protech’s were out of stock right after I placed my order.

Back