Shaman

Are these out!?

I just googled and the BladeHQ link came up saying "In Stock" I had a mini heart attack! Following the link shows out of stock though and other sites still say preorder. I cannot wait for this one as well!!! :D

It looks like a native/manix with a compression lock no? Looks great but, a tad on the heavy side I think.

Are these out!?

I just googled and the BladeHQ link came up saying "In Stock" I had a mini heart attack! Following the link shows out of stock though and other sites still say preorder. I cannot wait for this one as well!!! :D
Ha! I did the exact same thing

It looks like the perfect edc for me . My native5 is so awesome I just wished it was bigger and had g10

Technically, it's a "Native Shaman". If response is good, then we'll consider the "Native "Chief" as well.

sal
Really!

I wasn't going to buy one because of the compression lock, but I'll get several to run up the stats for a 4.2" Native chief! Power LOCK!

I can give them as gifts or something. ;)

Sal please take this to your designer meetings. The fan base is not millennials only. Compression lock is not synonymous with better.

#leastfavoritelockmechanism

But even some of us old guys like the compression lock :) I'm still waiting for my first powerlock and I have no issues with a spyderco liner lock either. But the compression lock is a great lock too. Not a millennial by a long shot.

Sal please take this to your designer meetings. The fan base is not millennials only. Compression lock is not synonymous with better.

I fail to see how a fan being a millennial means they prefer the compression lock. Painting broad brushes over 15 years worth of people is silly. Especially when one considers that it clearly isn't even the overall preferred locking mechanism. See: Ti lock love in midtechs as an ideal instance of that.

Your comment did however, make me learn that I am not a millennial. Apparently 1996 through 2010 is generation Z. So I barely am a gen z I guess.

I'm a millennial and I don't have a single compression lock in my collection.

I will when I buy the shaman tho.

The Native is a back lock. The Shaman literally opened my eyes to the rediculous amount of compression locks introduced last couple years and projected for the years to come. Discussions on this board lean towards compression lock, especially for flippers. Spyderco flippers is a totally different discussion! I don't even want to think of the discussions on the Spyderco Forum.

Blah blah blah. Keep the compression lock. Just keep it away from the Native!

And the MILITARY! Anything other than everything about the Military is not a Military. Including multi position clip!

Aside from broad brushing, you assumptions are not very accurate,

- Spyderco knife lock count - 167 lock backs; 85 liner locks; 50 compression locks; then the rest

- Spyderco forums poll favorite lock - back lock/mid lock

It's not like it's replacing the Native, I'm not sure why it's a big deal to you that it has a compression lock ^

</rant>

Geniuses already blah blah.....

Compression lock sux.

Tip down only OG clip-it!

Back lock rules!

Military!

Paramilitary is sell out!

If you see anything contradictory in what I say your blah blah....

Children have no say in knife design.

Oh yeah </rant>

It's not like it's replacing the Native, I'm not sure why it's a big deal to you that it has a compression lock ^

?

If you're into multi lock implementation the Sage is your knife. Otherwise changing major features changes the Model. Compression lock is not Native.

Back