Shaman

I am waiting til a Sprint. I know me - I would get the regular and then a sprint comes out 3 months later and I would be selling my regular to get the sprint. No more plain Jane Spydies for me. Always waiting for the exclusive or Sprint. But that doesn't mean I won't be diligently watching to see what you all think of this design. I like everything I am seeing about it.

It make some sense. The only problem that nobody knows, when and if this sprint will happen. It easy could be few years.

Still waiting. I saw the cruwear PM3 come out almost instantly after the regular. Never looked at my regular again. I can wait. This knife will be so friggin popular I guarantee there will be specials.

I really like the looks of this knife. However it is 5.2 ounces. That is 2.2 ounces heavier than my Manix 2 LW and I do not see it offering much added functionality.
Collecting is not always about functionality sometimes it's about form first and functionality second. I have well over 60 knives and they are segregated into categories, Carry beaters such as a tenacious or resilience, nicer carry such as PM2, Manix 2,(S30V) .Then come the impressive carriers which I take out to impress myself such as Manix XL CF S90V, PM2 CF M4. Then the high end carries such as ZT 0562CF M390, ZT 0452CF S35VN etc. and lastly the fondlers which I like owning but deem them to expensive to carry such as my Kershaw Tilt, Reate,Medford and one Shirogorov Hati. I will be putting the Shaman in the nicer carry category so that it gets used. Knife collecting has been more fun for me than any other collecting hobby that I have tried. They are fun to play with and useful at the same time

^^ Good point. I am sure that most enthusiasts with multiple blades categorize them in one way or another. I do, and I 'only' own 11, I think... All users.

I was all in when this knife was first announced. Love the Native like shape. But this one will have to wait. I am way over my head this year with just what I wanted, plus some of the great releases I did not expect and couldn't resist. Time to slow down.

I am in the same boat. Just bought Caly and two Natives. Most likely will buy KC exclusive, meaning that Shaman will wait.

Shaman appears to be in stock at the place that had the Orange PM2 sprint run. Went ahead and bought one, let's see if they're actually in stock or if it's a mistake.

I’m unable to find it at any cutlery shoppes. Might you have another clue?

I’m unable to find it at any cutlery shoppes. Might you have another clue?

It looks like it's out of stock now, I'm thinking it was an error on their part. I haven't heard anywhere that it has actually been released. We'll see if it was or not I get a shipping notice soon.

I wouldn't worry. It is production model. It will be everywhere.........until it will be sold out :)

I got in touch with the shop and it turns out it was a glitch in their new software, the Shaman aren't actually coming yet. Cue the sad trombone.

original.jpg

I’ll be watching this thread for Shaman updates :D:thumbsup:

This should make a burly little EDC in S30V and insanely cool in a tougher sprint like Cruwear, M4, or CPM 3V! :D

Back