Shaman

I rewatched the Eric with BladeHQ vid and it stoked my interest. Looks like a great design. Got to love Eric's enthusiasm.

I see a fully serrated Shaman at the auciton site. So I guess these are dropping now.

Yes but I was driving and I forgot to ask who he got it from. I am sure you will start seeing it at all the big guys.

Word on the street (another forum) is that collector club members received a few today. No pictures yet but one mentioned them having a stonewash finish! I am pretty stoked if this is true, I really liked the stonewash on the maxamet Manix :D

Yes but I was driving and I forgot to ask who he got it from. I am sure you will start seeing it at all the big guys.
The ones that are out are collectors club straight from Spyderco

1SYdfTS.jpg

*pulled this pic off FaceBook

Last edited:
The chamfered scales look super comfortable. Wish they had done that on the new Manix2 Back Lock!

The chamfered scales look super comfortable. Wish they had done that on the new Manix2 Back Lock!
If you did that to the knife it would look just like a Native 5 with a slightly larger blade. The fact that the Manix 2 backlock has flat scales is the reason it can be called a Manix 2. I believe that Eric wanted to resurrect the
original for his own peace of mind, I think the original was a great knife at the wrong time and now is the time for it to shiine.

If you did that to the knife it would look just like a Native 5 with a slightly larger blade. The fact that the Manix 2 backlock has flat scales is the reason it can be called a Manix 2. I believe that Eric wanted to resurrect the
original for his own peace of mind, I think the original was a great knife at the wrong time and now is the time for it to shiine.

I'm talking about chamering the edges, not contouring the scales.
The Manix2 backlock is quite different from the Native 5. Different size. Native has a flat spine while Manix2 has the spydie hump.
Non chamfered scales are the reason it can be called a Manix2? Really?
Also they didn't resurrect the original. It's a new design.

Shows In-stock @ BladeHQ. I preordered from knifecenter and I hope they will get enough to cover their preorders. I hope I didn’t make a mistake by relying on KC...

Shows In-stock @ BladeHQ. I preordered from knifecenter and I hope they will get enough to cover their preorders. I hope I didn’t make a mistake by relying on KC...

Knifecenter does a lot of preorders so it's often the case that their initial shipment sells out to those on the list ahead of you. As long as the knife is regular production, like the Shaman, you will get one even if it's a little delayed. It's a bigger issue with sprints when they take more preorders than they can fill.
There's really no reason to preorder a regular production knife, IMO.

Knifecenter does a lot of preorders so it's often the case that their initial shipment sells out to those on the list ahead of you. As long as the knife is regular production, like the Shaman, you will get one even if it's a little delayed. It's a bigger issue with sprints when they take more preorders than they can fill.
There's really no reason to preorder a regular production knife, IMO.

Yep I probably shouldn’t have preordered but somehow I thought I could get it sooner that way... I guess I’ll get it eventually but I’m chomping at the bit waiting. Thanks for the info.

Yep I probably shouldn’t have preordered but somehow I thought I could get it sooner that way... I guess I’ll get it eventually but I’m chomping at the bit waiting. Thanks for the info.

I couldn’t help myself, I cancelled my KC order as they said they don’t know when an order will arrive. I placed an order with BHQ in hopes that they will still have them in stock when my order is processed...

I’m going to place an order tonight along with a Ti military :thumbsup:
I get to spend money again and can buy myself one last present before being house poor for the next three decades :D

Anyone have any thoughts on your finger getting in the way of the knife shutting when closing the comp lock?

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.48.41 PM.png

Back