• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shameless flippers

I think you might be misreading what is obviously a garbage dismissive contemptuous, attempt at sarcasm. This guy doesn't care about this community in the slightest. Thankfully, this dirtbag is now on active radar, and people like this don't ever really change so I expect we'll see him banned at some point soon.

Not at all. I'm trying to show him he has an out from that self destructive path. I know people can and do change. Not all of them, of course, and time will tell which type he will be. Perhaps he will see reason, or perhaps your prediction will turnout true. In any case, I have seen first hand that people even in the very mire of self destructive blindness and selfishness can turn things around, and it is what I will hope and encourage for all who err.

Not at all. I'm trying to show him he has an out from that self destructive path. I know people can and do change. Not all of them, of course, and time will tell which type he will be. Perhaps he will see reason, or perhaps your prediction will turnout true. In any case, I have seen first hand that people even in the very mire of self destructive blindness and selfishness can turn things around, and it is what I will hope and encourage for all who err.
Right, but......

With strangers on the internet it is best to protect one's self against folks that are proven to lie multiple times for money. He has even shown a distasteful attitude about his multiple transgressions. No need to wait around for the "come to jesus moment". If years later, he comes around, fine, we can reevaluate. At this point, he's a proven lying flipper, with a side of smug contempt. This community doesn't need that...

I am merely trying to make the most of the decision by the Super mod. My intital reaction was to ask Boru why not correct his mistake now that he has recognized it as such. But he is the mod, not me, and by his decision, Kaw10e is still a member of the community; I will do my part to encourage him to be a good one.

I am merely trying to make the most of the decision by the Super mod. My intital reaction was to ask Boru why not correct his mistake now that he has recognized it as such. But he is the mod, not me, and by his decision, Kaw10e is still a member of the community; I will do my part to encourage him to be a good one.

We can only hope but from the amount of soda and popcorn I have consumed reading this thread. I don't really see that happening. It does however reflect on just how humble our mods are here. The super-mod could have just ban him. So.much respect for him coming out and saying he should have and giving him a chance to correct is actions. This insures me that I'm on the right forums.

Y'all are completely ignoring the fact that he has "vouches." Case closed.

Somehow I completely missed that. IG vouches. Criminy, I mean, I don't know how much more worthless it gets than friggin' IG vouches. Monopoly money has more value. Bots, multiple accounts, and paid shills all e-high-fiving each other, bro-deals, all absolutely worthless. "People can vouch for me on IG!" Meaningless. There are multiple IG accounts which bring to light scammers, and golly gee, wouldn't you know it? They all had "vouches" too. There are people here in the Ugly section in Feedback, all of whom have thriving communities of sycophants and protectors* over on IG. Hell, Will Moon, yes, that worthless scumbag actually has fans, can you believe it?

TL;DR: IG vouches are ridiculous and worthless.

*Sad losers who are truly delusional, who think that all the bad stories about their idol, surely that will never happen to them

wait a second...
So this guy recently sold an empty tube to someone, refused to resolve the issue, lied on the description of a knife to get a higher profit,
Lied on another member about said knife...
And he's still here..?:eek:

They must be in the midst of ordering a new hammer. Shipping times are a pain.

Edit: also if anyone would like to know, His instagram name is
@thebigknifeski , or Kyle's Trading Outpost. Just want people to be aware since trouble seems to follow him closely.

I believe certain parts in this (mainly the Kyle's trading post) ... might qualify you as a dealer ... and therefore require a paid dealer tag for this forum ... might be a mod or three interested in that ...

3bxyz1.jpg

Somehow I completely missed that. IG vouches. Criminy, I mean, I don't know how much more worthless it gets than friggin' IG vouches. Monopoly money has more value. Bots, multiple accounts, and paid shills all e-high-fiving each other, bro-deals, all absolutely worthless. "People can vouch for me on IG!" Meaningless. There are multiple IG accounts which bring to light scammers, and golly gee, wouldn't you know it? They all had "vouches" too. There are people here in the Ugly section in Feedback, all of whom have thriving communities of sycophants and protectors* over on IG. Hell, Will Moon, yes, that worthless scumbag actually has fans, can you believe it?

*Sad losers who are truly delusional, who think that all the bad stories about their idol, surely that will never happen to them
Put another way - “I only behave dishonestly in a small percentage of my transactions (and several people will say that I didn’t rip them off), so your odds are pretty good that I won’t rip you off.”

This community you speak of regularly posts GEC knives with 100-150% mark-up. The knives sell within minutes and people go on their merry way with no complaints. If both the buyer and seller are satisfied with the sales terms, knife condition & price what’s the problem? I will once again reiterate that I make $30 on this flip of the century.

I couldn't care less about your pricing. If you sell something I want at a price I'm not willing to pay, I'll just move along.

But I won't buy from you, and I will discourage other people from buying from you, because A) you are dishonest in your description of what you're selling - you cannot describe a knife as 'unused' when it has, in fact, been used, even slightly, and there is no way this is an honest mistake, as whether a knife is in 'excellent' condition is subjective, but whether or not it has been used is not; B) you are an irresponsible, corner-cutting shipper - it is very well known and common sense that shipped items of value should be packaged with care, which means boxes and a thorough job of taping, not a half-assed job of dropping it into a bubble mailer at the post office with the least-cost shipping, no insurance, and no additional tape beyond the adhesive strip on the mailer, and C) you operate under the mistaken assumption that your responsibility to your buyer ends when you dropped your (badly packaged) knife in the mail.

I utterly cannot imagine, spending a second of my life, tracking what someone paid for an item, to compare it to what they are attempting to sell it for. Don't like their "asking" price, scroll on....
Took me less than a second to notice the latest flipper chalking it up nearly 70% on top of MSRP. That is quite the profit for minimal outlay.

Took me less than a second to notice the latest flipper chalking it up nearly 70% on top of MSRP. That is quite the profit for minimal outlay.

Well, yes, but actually no. Actual cost to sell is retail + your overhead (PP fees, packaging supplies, some fraction of your Gold+ membership, etc.) + your shipping costs. So that always adds $20+ to your retail cost just to break even. Also when you factor in the time it takes to get a knife sold, any profit you make isn't really worth any more than spending the time working for McDonald's. And that's assuming the knife sells, because even with a popular drop like the St. Nick's 4V/red G10 Spydercos that are very limited in quantity, that seller is asking enough that I doubt he'll be able to sell at that price. He is probably hoping mostly for a favorable trade. Even if he does sell, it's unlikely he'll be able to flip any more knives for that price, so it's still a lot of work for not much gain.

We see sticker shock a lot with flip attempts, but really what we should be wondering about is what the knives are actually selling for, as the listed price is irrelevant unless there are successful sales.

I have sold limited drop knives for more than I paid, but typically to balance profit against speed of sale I ended up making between $5 and $20 per knife, which is not really a feasible way to make any substantial amount of money but rather more of a way to offset the cost of my hobby (and the losses I mostly generate on knife sales).

Flippers are toxic. Bladeforums is a community that (for the most part) weeds out the trolls and toxic sellers.

Very thankful to add more to the ignore list (thanossnap.gif) to avoid bad sales. :thumbsup:

Every time I read these threads I can't help but think of the recent ones I know about. Koster, Survive!Knives, ShepherdCC. They carried on for a LONG time. I saw Shepherd on IG TODAY, posting some scales he made.
This guy kaw10e looks to have had a couple bad transactions but more importantly just seems like a pompous smart ass when he's called out.
Seems stupid to me. Why would you go into this forum and be an ass if your purpose is to buy, sell, and trade, at flipper level or not? Either way, you're pissing on your own customer base.
OR, does this happen because we are such a small part of the "knife world" that these guys and companies feel comfortable doing what they want and if it goes bad, they think, "oh well, it's only Bladeforums, no big deal, there's plenty of other ways to sell (scam, flip, et al.)" Meaning they place little value on their reputation here?

Back