1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Share ur best 3 sharp things: Workers Edition

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Frozen Bear Trading, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    Hello fellow workers. We have things to do! My name is cody ! Nice to meet you

I use my sharp things as tools every day so I wanted to share my 3 most useful working tools.

You please share as well! In action even better !

Let's chop em up boys !
    Axe = Gransfors Bruk Double bit
    Large knife = Ontario rat 7
    Little knife = Buck 113

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    MolokaiRider and sXePhenomenal like this.
  2. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Sweet Gransfors. I want a small forest axe and outdoor axe but the wait and price keeps me from springing on one.

3. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
  4. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    !-My mind, 2-My wit, 3-My Gransfors mini hatchet. ;) :p

Frozen Bear Trading and marcinek like this.
  5. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    At least one of those is sharp! :eek:;):D

6. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
  7. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    My next one is gonna be the broad axe then the small forget axe

To be honest I just heard about gransfors. I wish we had one growing up cause we just had crap my dad got from the hard ware store and back then we really cut wood alot lol

Deinos likes this.
  8. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Shot to the top of the list in a couple days! Excellent! :thumbsup:

And that is quite a pile!

jlauffer and LEGION 12 like this.
  9. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    My other pile I was to heavy because I'm stupid and leaned the pile up against the fence and it was pushing on the fence and making it so this time I'm trying not to let this new pile lean on the dang fence

10. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    how long did it take you to get it from ordering? I heard it can take 3 months to get a small forest axe because it’s so popular.
    Funny story on crap axes it was one my dad had for awhile when I was a kid we had killed a deer. Skinned it up to the head to keep for a mount he went to chop it’s head off the hatchet broke and the bit went flying.

11. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    In my state they showed a distributor call JAX It's kind of a sporting good store it was the 1st I might never been there and they had all the models for ssle

12. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Hey, your in box is full. Send me a PM. I've got some advice on finding a small forest axe.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  13. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Well, I don't know exactly what qualifies as "work", I'm no paid chef, but my most used edged tools are kitchen knives. 3 meals a day for the family aren't going to cut themselves!

Top one is a cpk potato knife. The others get used but the potato knife sees far more use, not even close really.
    [​IMG]

Next is the north arm trillium. Fantastic paring knife.
    [​IMG]

Last is a big old utility knife. Sog seal knife/team. Far from the best knife I own but a long time work horse.
    [​IMG]

Rhinoknives1, danbot and marcinek like this.
  14. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    This is most definitely work . bravo. I can't cook ...

craytab likes this.
  15. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Off topic a bit, bit is not that a prerequisite skill for a prepper who does not want to have to rely on others?

16. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks! It's not all that hard. Just a little instruction and lots of practice. You should absolutely look into it. Self sufficient. Saves money. Often healthier. You get to use more knives! No real downside.

17. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    Welp sir look at it this way. I can make food and live just fine. But my wife is a great cook.

18. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    I love to eat that's for sure

19. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    That is one Sweet looking Santoku! Great kitchen knife!

craytab and Frozen Bear Trading like this.
  20. Crimson Cloud

Crimson Cloud Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Was in JAX today for some water storage containers. They had a good selection of sharpened tools.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019