Photos Sharing CRK Art - My CRK Collection

Yeah, that one has some great color, for sure. There's a pic early in this thread of Chris holding it. When I showed it to him a few years back, he remembered doing the graphics and said he'd ground the blade on that one himself.

The color on the large that's flipped over is pretty intense, also.

And the blue..... well................

BlueDamBlade_zpsc2dfmyjs.jpg

Thats very cool. I have never looked up the price on these unique graphic/damascus ones. I'm afraid too.;) But man they look great. I fully understand your "location" now, cause if had all those would be fondling them always trying to figure out which one liked best and that would be near impossible I believe. I think that's the first blue damascus blade have seen.

OK, now I'm just laughing at myself. :eek: A couple weeks ago I ran this thread, http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1361854-Signs-That-You-Own-Too-Many-CRK-s , after finding a small Regular tucked in with some Benchmades. :eek: So today I spent all afternoon setting all my CRK's on my table for a family pic. Or so I thought. When I got ready to start putting some away, I pick up a plastic dish that I'd put the tissue wrap from some of the boxes in. What did I also find in there? You guessed it, ANOTHER SMALL REGULAR, ths one with ATS-34 steel. So I had to snap another family pic. :eek:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....

100 CRK's!​

All100_zpsbotpzozz.jpg

Congratulations! some are impressive!
Great collection! I know how you feel :)

OK LW here's a poser for you! Out of that absolutely magnificent collection could you give us your top 10, I was originally thinking top 3 but that would just be cruel;)
Once again thanks for posting up the pics, I just love looking at people's collections!

Nick

Ulf, there's a few of the blues out there, but they're getting scarce for sure!

Congratulations! some are impressive!
Great collection! I know how you feel :)

No doubt you do, your Mnandi collection is TDF! :eek:

OK LW here's a poser for you! Out of that absolutely magnificent collection could you give us your top 10, I was originally thinking top 3 but that would just be cruel;)
Once again thanks for posting up the pics, I just love looking at people's collections!

Nick

Top 10, let me think on that one...................

Last night I took some pics of the Mnandis, which I'll post here soon, then I put them, the Zaans and the Ti-Lock away. I decided not to redo them, since all I did was sold one Ti-Lock and added an old pivot lefty Zaan. So that left a whole bunch of Sebenzas, and there's no way I'm going to get them in and out of their boxes over and over until I finish this. So with the exception of P68, a large Regular that I just sold, and my 2 EDC's, I closed them all and put them to bed. P68 is never closed, and only sleeps in it's own box in my safe. So here's 77 snoozing Sebenzas, all ready to be tucked in right after I finished flipping them over and spacing them out...

AtNight.jpg

Of course I covered them well before I let VVV out of jail.....

Trouble_zpstelf1bcy.jpg~original

Those Sebenzas are safe and warm now! :D

QuietTrouble-.jpg

Last edited:
Ulf, there's a few of the blues out there, but they're getting scarce for sure!

I bet they are. Are the unique graphic ones "all" limited pieces that come out each year? How many do they make? Doesnt look like their numbered. It looks stupid on a blade to have the "limited" number, but glad some companies do it. Besides being fantastic looking, I bet the counterfeiters don't clone these unique graphic ones as often which is a +++. I try to stay away from knives that are cloned to precision if to hard to tell from orginial. Looks like most of what you have are the "unique" ones.

I bet they are. Are the unique graphic ones "all" limited pieces that come out each year? How many do they make? Doesnt look like their numbered. It looks stupid on a blade to have the "limited" number, but glad some companies do it. Besides being fantastic looking, I bet the counterfeiters don't clone these unique graphic ones as often which is a +++. I try to stay away from knives that are cloned to precision if to hard to tell from orginial. Looks like most of what you have are the "unique" ones.

Unique Graphics are so limited that there's only one of each. CRK will make a similar design, but not a duplicate. As for the number of different UG's they make in a year, I don't know. Lisa has said she can make about 12 in day, but she does other stuff instead of making them every day. Her designs do evolve, to where knives from about the same time can have a real similar look. Sometimes I can guess a knife's age by the design, but that in no way reliable beyond the first couple years. They also won't go back and make another of a CGG (Computer Generated Graphic) that they've discontinued. I've seen exactly one exception to that policy, that was a Trapeze done in blue instead of gold, and the stones were all sapphires instead of random Amethysts, Peridots, Citrines, Zircons.... I'm going to put up a couple pics of it in my next post. Because it's an exception to policy, it's a rarity in itself.

The numbered knives you see are first production runs. CRK used to serial # their knives when they first produced a model. Most of each model would be plain, but some have graphics. I collect graphics, so I mostly leave plains alone. I do have one plain small P, I just haven't gotten around to putting it in the Exchange.

Counterfeiters mostly leave UG's alone, with the exception of one design that had a lot of variants made a few years ago. It bears a resemblance to a Peacock tail, and the fakes are horrible!

On a recent trip to my house I visited the 3 Sebs that I keep down there, all safe queens. First, the only example I've ever seen of CRK revisiting a discontinued CGG. A small Trapeze, but all in blue. Sapphire inlays, and very beautiful!

BlueTrapOnRock-.jpg
BlueTrap1.jpg
BlueTrapezeUG-3-.jpg

For comparison, this is the older CGG design it came from...

CGG_SmallTrapeze-Stone8-.jpg

Next up is a large 21 UG with an Iolite inlay. I don't know why, but I just really like this one. It's not my usually preferred style, I just do. I call it 'Aztec'.

UG_Aztec-Balcony2.jpg
P1540260---.jpg
UG_Aztec-Balcony3.jpg

Next up is my first Annual, a large Maple from 2010. I love the grain on this one, it looks like a roadmap on there...

2010MapleAnnual_Balcony-11.jpg
2010MapleAnnual_Balcony-10.jpg
2010MapleAnnual_Balcony-9.jpg

And a couple of the Annual and Aztec together...

WithAztec_zpsjpkf25yc.jpg~original

WithAztec2_zpsl6jhyjsf.jpg~original

In case you're wondering, No, I didn't count them as part of the 100 I had here. ;) (Now 99). :D

Last edited:
My 120+ CRK collection took about 15 years to amass. I have just owned that many, only ever had about half that at one time. Honestly I don't know how many I have but easily over 50+. Someday I will count em all.....lol. Lone Wolfe has an amazing collection and like me, she loves the Unique Graphics, CGG, etc. I don't have as many rare ones as others, but like and enjoy what I have.

Problem I have - if that's a problem - is bringing myself to sell any of "my" collection. Don't want to let them go. Which isn't a bad thing, right?...;-)

You have an amazing collection!! WOW, just wow!!! We need a bowing smilie, just for YOU!

Problem I have - if that's a problem - is bringing myself to sell any of "my" collection. Don't want to let them go. Which isn't a bad thing, right?...;-)

I can relate, I'd love to keep them all. I'd have well over 200 CRK's now if I had, probably close to 250. But I just can't afford to do that, right now I have to many. It's just so hard to pick out what I can turn loose of.

Last edited:
I can relate, I'd love to keep them all. I'd have well over 200 CRK's now if I had probably close to 250. But I just can't afford to do that, right now I have to many. It's just so hard to pick out what I can turn loose of.

I can think of one.......Lol

Thanks LW for sharing so many pictures of your collection. You really have a strikingly beautiful set of CRK's.

Your collection is amazing!! You just made some really great additions recently:)

Does anyone out there own just ONE? And I mean only one for say longer than 6 months. I started with one and it became 4 very quickly. I'm pretty sure I can't afford this.....

Does anyone out there own just ONE? And I mean only one for say longer than 6 months. I started with one and it became 4 very quickly. I'm pretty sure I can't afford this.....

No and No and None of us can afford this!

Back