Photos Sharing CRK Art - My CRK Collection

As posted in the facebook group;

Back in 1997 CRK was a very small operation. Chris did a lot of the knifemaking himself. He was still grinding a lot of the blade at the time, especially the damascus ones. He was also still doing the graphics on decorated Sebenzas himself. He'd gotten a request from a friend to do one that looks like sparks coming off a grinding wheel. The result was Regular #155, which I posted here a couple months ago.

From time to time, Lisa will revisit an old design, often making several variants of it. I like the Sparks design so well that when I was offered one of the new ones to match my original of the design, I grabbed it. I didn't realize until it how good of a match it is.

But I got an even bigger surprise when I compared the birthcards. These 2 knives are only 2 day off being exactly 20 years apart! Not only that, the exact 20th birthday of the original was a Saturday, so the youngster was made on the first workday after pappy's 20th birthday!

R155_Sparks21-Birthcards.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony3.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony6.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony5.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony8.jpg

R155_Damascus-Balcony14.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony2.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony1.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony4.jpg

R155_Sparks21-Balcony7.jpg

Great post and an amazing pair of knives! It’s terrific to hear the background and history.

Amazing!

i should be receiving my first Chris Reeve knife in August. A small plain Sebenza. Never thought I would own one.

Congratulations on your collection.

Steve

Thank you. That knife just makes it easy. :)

I won't argue your point except to say, for me it was your composition against the glass table top with knife reflections + cloud reflections even more than the knife! :)

That is the stuff CRK calendars <and dreams> are made of! ;)

I won't argue your point except to say, for me it was your composition against the glass table top with knife reflections + cloud reflections even more than the knife! :)

That is the stuff CRK calendars <and dreams> are made of! ;)

I hope to get good enough to take pics for the calendar some year!

BTW, I'm doing a lot of my pics with mirror setups these days.

2008WalnutLeftyMnandi_Balcony-7.jpg

2008WalnutLeftyMnandi_Balcony-8.jpg

2008WalnutLeftyMnandi_Balcony-9.jpg

2008WalnutLeftyMnandi_Balcony-10.jpg

Last edited:
Back