Photos Sharing CRK Art - My CRK Collection

I don't know about the designs, but when I was looking for a large mammoth bark damascus I saw several smalls and Mnandi's pop up, but no large. It seems like the small is more popular. I wonder how many of each CRK puts out in a given time?

The plains first...

Small righty BG-42, excellent condition. A recent addition to my collection, also featured in my Righty-Lefty groupings...

RegSmRightyBG42.jpg

Small lefty BG-42. Also excellent condition, and also a recent addition.

RegSmLeftyBG42.jpg

Small righty SV-30. A nice little knife, gently used by me. This one is just the knife, no docs, smooth as can be. Think this one will be on the next train to the mothership and then off to a loving home.

RegSmRightySV30.jpg

Is it me or are some of the best designs on the small SEB's?? Why is that??
I don't know about the designs, but when I was looking for a large mammoth bark damascus I saw several smalls and Mnandi's pop up, but no large. It seems like the small is more popular. I wonder how many of each CRK puts out in a given time?

I don't know why either, but agree that the best mammoth by far seem to be on the smalls. How I wish one of my 2 newbies was a large. With the matching birthdates would be so cool!

Last edited:
The name that comes to mind for this one is 'Industrial Moon'. I'm not sure why, it just does. This is a small UG with an Amethyst from 2006, that came to me looking tattered and dog-eared. AKA, well loved. This one went back to the mothership with about 14 others, and the fine folks at CRK really brought this pretty back to life. Not one of my absolute favorites, but no slouch either...

RegIndustrialMoon2.jpg

RegIndustrialMoon.jpg

This one is a centerpiece of my collection for a couple reasons. It's an early UG, done by Chris before Lisa took over. The design is the simpler look of the early days of this art form. I showed this knife to Chris at a Blade show a couple years ago, he remembered both doing the graphics and grinding the damascus blade. The high contrast Raindrop is just beautiful. Chris was kind enough to let me get a pic of him holding this knife. I couldn't help but note the wistful look in his eye and in his voice when he held it. I think when the day comes that I have only one CRK left, it'll be this one.

RegDoneByChris2.jpg

RegDoneByChris.jpg

OldRaindrop.jpg

ChrisHoldingSeb.jpg

Next up is a CGG, Native American. These are very sought after, and with good reason. The detail, symbolism, and meaning here is incredible. A very beautiful knife, CRK knocked it out of the park here...

RegSmNativeAmerican2.jpg

NativeAmerican2.jpg

RegSmNativeAmerican.jpg

This a user with BG-42 steel blade. Very loved and dog-eared, the color in the graphics is almost gone. I'm debating sending this on the next train to the mothership to see if it can be reanodized...

RegSmUserBG42.jpg

Wow,that's an impressive show, LW,,:thumbup:

1234,,,:D

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
I call this one Firecracker, it makes me think of a fireworks display on Independence Day. A really fresh, bright design...

RegFirecracker-Departure.jpg

AnoDetail7.jpg

RegFirecracker.jpg

Last of the smalls is a CGG called Stars & Stripes. Another sought after out-of-production CGG, a lot of us agree that this is the best of the flag themed graphic Chris & Co has ever done. I'm also partial to the Old Glory one, coming in a later grouping. I put this as my last small, as I'll use it's large mate to transition to the larges...

RegSmStarsStripes.jpg

The Larges.....

The above-mentioned Stars & Stripes. This one is dead mint, and pretty as can be. I have several of the flag designs, I think I have all that have been done in color...

RegLgStarsStripes-.jpg

Next up is my NICA tanto, one of 400 made with a BG-42 blade. My only reverse silver CGG...

RegNICAtanto.jpg

Marbles. A UG that's a bit off the beaten path. Almost complete coverage of ordered divots anodized in a bluish purple that dances and changes color in the light. There's also a nice tie-in to the decoration around the pivot, which isn't very common even today...

RegMarbles.jpg

Marbles2.jpg

MarblesPivot.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked at your entire photo collection. Thanks for showing what is out there to be found. Wandered over here from Busse Combat, and you folks are just as crazy as we are. Meant as a compliment, mind you. You are the Papathud (rumored to have the largest Busse collection on the planet), of Chris Reeve folders...;-)

If you and I were friends, and you invited me over, and I saw this on your coffee table...

AllOnTable_zps0myjkfsm.jpg

I'd be really tempted to do something like this...

[video=youtube;u5BMl5lZeFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BMl5lZeFg[/video]

If you and I were friends, and you invited me over, and I saw this on your coffee table...

I'd be really tempted to do something like this...

Then we'd get to 'discuss' the scratches on my coffee table..... :p :p :D

Night Sky, one of 4 that I own. This one is my only Regular of the bunch, and has a Paua shell cabochon...

RegNightSky.jpg

Shown here with my MOP 21 Night Sky...

NightSkys.jpg

NightSkys2.jpg

NightSkys4.jpg

Another pre-Lisa, pre date code UG, this one with a BG-42 blade. You'll notice the similarity between this one and the small above done by Chris. They're both simply repetitions of the same arc, over and over. The uniqueness is in the placement, making for 2 very different looking designs. I really like having some these graphics from different times, and seeing how this art form has evolved.

RegWaves.jpg

RegWaves2.jpg

In Remembrance. The New York skyline with our missing Twin Towers greyed out. I'm told that Lisa was crying when she made these,

and refuses to make any more. Who can blame her?

InRemembrance-3.jpg

InRemembrance-Close.jpg

RegInRemembrance.jpg

With the color being just a blending of one basic color, it took some creativity to make the different buildings stand out from each other. If I haven't called Lisa an artiste and a genius, I'm saying it now...

AnoDetail10.jpg

Last edited:
How long did it take you to amass this fine collection? I spent much time last night looking at each photo in detail. Thanks again for showing this. Have a great weekend...;-)

CGG Maple Leaf. Not too many of this one floating around, which is a shame. It's the only Canadian themed graphic that I remember seeing. BG-42 blade on this one...

RegMapleLeaf.jpg

Some of the detail on a leaf...

AnoDetail8.jpg

Lefty CGG Trapeze. One of my favorite CGG's, with 3 randomly chosen 2mm faced gemstones with 14kt bezels. This one has a double

lug blade.

RegLeftyTrapeze.jpg

Righty CGG Trapeze. The right-handed counterpart to the lefty just above.

RegRightyTrapeze.jpg

Vines and Roses damascus blade UG. Nothing special as far as graphics go, this one's claim to fame is the black & white Vines & Roses damascus blade.

RegVinesRoses.jpg

The blade...

V&Rblade.jpg

And an Annual...

This is one of 2 Annuals that I have, one of three that I've ever bought. Sadly the third one made it to the base I was stationed on exactly one day after I was medevac’d out, never to be seen again.... :mad: The one shown here is known as The Owl, because

the figuring in the Buckeye Burl looks distinctly like an owl looking out.

TheOwl.jpg

RegTheOwl2.jpg

TheOwl1.jpg

Just looked at your entire photo collection. Thanks for showing what is out there to be found. Wandered over here from Busse Combat, and you folks are just as crazy as we are. Meant as a compliment, mind you. You are the Papathud (rumored to have the largest Busse collection on the planet), of Chris Reeve folders...;-)

Oh Sweetie, I'm just a bit player compared to some of the folks in here! :eek:

How long did it take you to amass this fine collection? I spent much time last night looking at each photo in detail. Thanks again for showing this. Have a great weekend...;-)

Thank you! This is 4 years of collecting, and as you can see just during this thread, it' constantly evolving. Glad you're enjoying the pics. Next up is the inlayed Sebs. :cool:

Last edited:
This thread, and my entire collection, in for upending very soon.

Looking forward to more looking...;-)

Ask, and ye shall receive.... ;)

Wood inlayed Sebs this time, and 3 Mammoth. I'll be redoing the Mammoth once my inbound get here. So off to he woods.....

InlayedSebs_zpsvym5csre.jpg~original

Small African Blackwood Classic. This one really lives up to it's name, these inlays are almost black! This was my first Sebenza,
I've sold it or traded if off twice. Each time it comes back, this time with the clip removed and a new lanyard attached. Think
it's time to put the clip back on and turn this one loose again, and see how long it takes to get back to me again. ;)

Blackwood_zpsxblrnfon.jpg~original

Small Micarta tanto and large Micarta 21 with Raindrop damascus. The small is a user, came to me in a trade.Nothing fancy, just a
great carry and use knife. The large has the closed pattern Raindrop damascus. I've never really warmed up to the way Micarta
looks, so these will be ships in the night.

Micartas2_zpsigm8zcg8.jpg~original

Large 21 with Syringa Wood inlays and River Of Fire damascus. So tell me, have any of you paid any attention at all to what the
lumber looks like?!? ;) :p :D
Have no fear, I'll open it back up for more pics later. :cool:

ROFclosed1_zpsncwdrtt3.jpg~original

Small Righty 21, Large Righty Classic, Large Lefty 21, Lignum Vitae inlayed. A really nice trio, Lignum Vitae is one of the
hardest woods around. These ones just look too nice laying around unused.

The small...

LVsmallDL_zpscjeecb0d.jpg~original

The larges...

LVsBothLarge_zpsjhyjkll7.jpg~original

Small Righty 21 x 2, Large Righty and Lefty 21's, Box Elder Burl inlay. In the quest to narrown which group of inlayes Sebs I'm
going to keep for now, Box Elder wins. Just look at that grain, you'll see why. Beautiful curls and swirls of color, no 2 look the
same. The brightest colored one of the bunch os the darker small, with the 2 larges close behind. The lighter small is also a
beauty, and would stand out more if not overshadowed by the other 3. If only it were a small Lefty. :D

The standout small...

BEsSmallK_zps17xwedud.jpg~original

The other small...

BoxElderSmallTF_zpsjxvkovjb.jpg~original

The larges...

BEsBothLarge_zpsdv0sycfz.jpg~original

LargeBEinlays_zpsxrhqiwni.jpg~original

BEsLargeR_zpspulje4nn.jpg~original

BEsLargeL_zpsnlpcczzg.jpg~original

Large 21 with Madagascar Rosewood. A nice, deep brown wood that's no longer available for order. A very pretty wood that looks and
feels great.

MadagascarLarge_zpsoe453jxx.jpg~original

Large Classic with Snakewood. Very open and distinct pattern on this one. A very popular wood for inlays, and with good reason.

Snakewood_zpsmbpove46.jpg~original

Large 21 with Bocote. Bocote is one of the most variable grain woods that CRK offers, with the obvious exception of Box Elder.
I've had 5 Bocote CRK's at different times, and every one was different and beautiful. This one is no different, with it's nice pattern and contrast.

BocoteLarge_zpsstqtsnkk.jpg~original

Large Regular, 2004 Annual with California Buckeye Burl. 'The Owl'. More pics of this one in the Regulars post, this one is
distinctive.
Along with the owl showing near the pivot, the blue and yellow tones in the Buckeye inlays make this one a standout.

TheOwl_zps88yw4mez.jpg~original

Last edited:
Beautiful! Thanks. Did you keep track of how many you have possessed lo these many years?...;-)

Last edited:
Hi LW. I just dropped by here by accident really, and saw your name as the Op to this thread. Looked very carefully at your fine collection, and while I like all of them, my favorites are the ones of the night sky's. Although the River of Fire is a beautiful pretty much stand alone knife in any collection. Good Job! And my compliments to the maker and his team.

Adopt me.

:D :D :D :D

Do you do windows? :D :D

Beautiful! Thanks. Did you keep track of how many you have possessed lo these many years?...;-)

I don't really have any tracking on what I've had in the past. I have a spreadsheet of what I have now with a tab that I move sold ones to, but I had to re-create it recently. I didn't bother to go back and list all the ones I sold off in the last few months, there's too many to bother. I'd estimate I've owned between 125 and 140 altogether. I have 80-85 now, and once this thread is done I'm going to try to cut that number is half.

Really enjoy the close ups. Awesome collection.
Hi LW. I just dropped by here by accident really, and saw your name as the Op to this thread. Looked very carefully at your fine collection, and while I like all of them, my favorites are the ones of the night sky's. Although the River of Fire is a beautiful pretty much stand alone knife in any collection. Good Job! And my compliments to the maker and his team.

Thanks, guys! Stick around, the best is yet to come. Next up, CGG's! :cool:

Thanks. I just list mine in a notebook. Mainly Busse's, although been bitten recently by the Reeve bug. Did purchase a Jereboam II back in the late 1980's. Still have it. Gawd, what I could sell that for now...;-)

Last edited:
Thanks. I just list mine in a notebook. Mainly Busse's, although been bitten recently by the Reeve bug. Did purchase a Jereboam II back in the late 1980's. Still have it. Gawd, what I could sell that for now...;-)

I can just imagine!!! How about a pic, please!

It looks like I won't be able to post the next series until at least Monday, so I thought I'd leave you this tease..... ;) :p

NumberedUGs.jpg

Last edited:
Back