SHARPAL any good?

I'm looking at a SHARPAL diamond hone and some of the reviewers are saying the diamond flaked off after minimal usage, but I don't know if they're just the type to bear down with lots of pressure or not. Anyone here have any experience with them?

I am sorry I cant be more help, never used one. I would say follow dmt break in protocol if you get one.
Hoping to hear from someone who tried one.

Russ

I am sorry I cant be more help, never used one. I would say follow dmt break in protocol if you get one.
Hoping to hear from someone who tried one.

Russ
I have one and I actually thought it was wearing down fast but it actually was fine . I sorta feel like a idiot for thinking so , I had it for 6 months and the fine side felt super fine. I was all upset one night and write a bad review and the company emailed me and asked me t send them a picture, I did and they said it’s normal wear . So after I was told I was wrong they still offered me a new one to compare with my old . They couldn’t have been any nicer! They have to be the best customer service for a company that I’ve ever dealt with. I got the new stone and they were def right I think it was because I stopped using that and started trying other stones and when I got back to that stone I thought the XF side was worn t bare metal... my bad .. but yea great product I think , the case is great n it cones with a little angle guide with a magnetic bottom , it really helped me out when I 1st started . It was the stone that made me fall in the sharpening hole cause ever since then I’ve been trying to Sharpen as much as I can .. give it a shot !! Two thumbs up!

Don't use them on very soft steels and to flatten another stone and may be it will be fine.

Jef Jewell on YouTube had a bad experience with one, but the company hotly contested his findings. I'd say the jury is still out. If I ever buy a new set of plates I'll probably just got with the ultrasharp set. A little less expensive than DMTs and by most reports very comparable. I'm on to bonded stones for now.

I have one on the christmas list, I will leave it at camp and it will get some serious work this winter.
In northern Maine the weather at camp can produce some good knife sharpening days around mid january.

Russ

I have one of their axe pucks, it works good, seems to be holding up well although I haven't used it much.

Back