Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Thanks, Magnus! I am glad you posted a hello. For NO good reason (other than forgetfulness) I omitted your own great work. I will include it below. :thumbup:

orig.jpg

Coop

SWEET!!!! Was that blade forged at Owen's sword hammer-in? On a marginally unrelated topic, I have heard rumour that Mr. Bush is actually the nephew of Kate Bush.

Thanks guys, very appreciated indeed!

This sword is something I considered keeping for once but...

SWEET!!!! Was that blade forged at Owen's sword hammer-in? On a marginally unrelated topic, I have heard rumour that Mr. Bush is actually the nephew of Kate Bush.

I don`t think it was forged at Owens hammer-in. Since Owen forged the sword from a Don Fogg billet I think it might actually have been forged in US...?

I`ll have to ask him about Kate when he comes over to visit this summer :)

Thanks again!

Regards
/Magnus

Thanks guys, very appreciated indeed!

This sword is something I considered keeping for once but...

I don`t think it was forged at Owens hammer-in. Since Owen forged the sword from a Don Fogg billet I think it might actually have been forged in US...?

I`ll have to ask him about Kate when he comes over to visit this summer :)

Thanks again!

Regards
/Magnus

I thought that Don came over to the UK for Owen's swordfest.

Jens is a popular maker with a distinctive style. Below is his 'Outbreak' folder:

orig.jpg

This next one by Jens has some nice warm vintage micarta. Owned by one of our BF members, too. :thumbup:

orig.jpg

David Broadwell & Burt Foster collaboration subhilt fighter. This needs reposting:

orig.jpg

As does this dagger by Curt Erickson:

orig.jpg

Coop

There two have nothing in common but quality and making their new owners VERY happy.

Charles Vestal chute knife in gnarly stag:

orig.jpg

Jot Singh Khalsa with a traditional Sikh Kirpan:

orig.jpg

Coop

Last edited:
Don Hanson III, MS:

orig.jpg

Jay Hendrickson, MS

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Aren't you glad you looked??! :)

Coop

Awesome knives. The Hanson looks like a particularly useable and practical design.

Thanks for the great work, Coop!

Ditto here, Coop! Really enjoy seeing your updated images on this thread. Just super work! And, love the variety. Tough job, isn't it?? :D

Speaking of variety, I am not a big tactical knife person, but I have been intrigued by Jens Anso's work.

Last month I was cruising his site, and saw he was having a lottery for one of his Outbreaks. He had made 5 of this design (his Testlab Outbreak project is a couple of years old and he has developed it to help him stay more innovative in design), and said he had been carrying one of these for several months. I decided to hop in on his lottery for two of the five and won the first Anso pictured above. It is a super folder, and has a tremendous fit in ones hand. Truly impressed. His Outbreak concept is very innovative in itself, and I see Jens' work being highly desirable for years to come. The Haddock design is one of his Outbreak models that evolved to a standard model. No wonder! I love its look and may be adding another Anso soon that begins with an H!

The Hanson bowie is just awesome, great image of it. A little different blade profile for Don, and one that is very appealing! Don does damascus and ivory right! :thumbup:

Keep them coming!

- Joe

Yeah, yeah Hanson, Hanson, blah, blah, blah. LOL j/k Very nice work by both of you guys. That pair of Hendrickson bowies is something else, ain't it?:thumbup:

Joe Mandt, you crack me up buddy! I really like the " blah, blah, blah :D

CanineJoe, you holding out on me man, didn't know you were into 'Tacticals' ;)

Thanks guys,

Joe, I was VERY pleased to hear of your acquiring that Outbreak. Like me, I enjoy knives that go 'Clack' as well.

Hey Don: Clack Clack Clack! You catchin' this maker guy? :p

Yes, those Hendrickson's are exceptional. This is probably the only place you will see them. They are BOTH off to Hong Kong as we talk.....

Coop

That DHIII piece is just fantastic. The owner of the Hendrickson pair is a lucky collector indeed.

Roger

Thanks guys,

Joe, I was VERY pleased to hear of your acquiring that Outbreak. Like me, I enjoy knives that go 'Clack' as well.

Yes, those Hendrickson's are exceptional. This is probably the only place you will see them. They are BOTH off to Hong Kong as we talk.....

Coop

Joe Mandt, you crack me up buddy! I really like the " blah, blah, blah :D

CanineJoe, you holding out on me man, didn't know you were into 'Tacticals' ;)

Thank JIM, a very pretty picture.
Thank JAY, more pretty knife.
I have received them, and thank all the friends here.

Thanks guys,

Coop

Hey man, I'm learnin!

Think I can make a Clacker :D

Thanks for the good words, folks!

Back