Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

I took a WEEK off of my studio work to revamp my 10-yr-old website. Time WELL spent!

SBC_2020website.jpg The new site has a suffix of /index.php instead of /index.html. Bookmark has changed.

http://www.sharpbycoop.com/

Thanks for your support!

Jim

Just GORGEOUS! @JoshSmithKnives consistently makes what HE likes, and then shows the world.

Mammoth #oldass ivory, HIS blued steel, old school filework, and #thataintright slotted and fileworked screws. ;) His renown in our world is always noted, and he always, Always, ALWAYS sells his ‘available’ work.

Follow him to get on his private mailing list. “You feelin’ lucky?”
79825544_596758407822224_3099494087367863247_n.jpg

A ‘takedown’ wire-wrapped San-Mai Kwaiken by @TKSteingass. It just doesn’t get ANY cooler! (I took it apart and reassembled it easily with his tool.) Here’s his writeup:

"I forged this San Mai billet at the New England School of Metalwork class taught by Ben Seward.

The handle is wrapped with .021” stainless wire and all the fittings are 410 stainless - the spacers on each side of the handle are coined.

The wooden sheath is wrapped with black vegetable tanned bridle leather and the stud is forged to a teardrop shape. Magnets are inlaid into the leather lined wooden sheath to hold the knife securely yet allow for one hand deployment.

10” OAL, 5 1/2” BL.

Since it’s the first kwaiken I’ve made, I decided to incorporate takedown construction."

82134480_175163620226608_6212455815126161415_n.jpg

The ELEGANCE of these folders is only exceeded by their construction. @RonBestKnives engages the community with his artistry and skills.

This is a new model, and her we see TWO variants of the theme. They are flipper actuated, and that blade fuller (groove) REALLY looks great!

Where are the fasteners??!!! :eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ron LOVES *dark* backgrounds. I LOVE both dark AND light. What say you?

82096534_117424449520939_8163009047251063684_n.jpg

I like dark backgrounds, but the overall quality of the photo is more important- and with that you never disappoint!

I get it. Everybody loves a DARK, dramatic photo. :rolleyes:

What a limiting world it would be if ALL the images were dark and dramatic.

So, I choose to go light. :thumbsup: :D :cool:

I’ve been following John April for years. His work is CLEAN and extraordinary. This terraced frame-handled coffin bowie shows us something we have not seen before. Look at that SNAKEWOOD handle spine!

That’s David Lavoie ball-bearing damascus with a pronounced clip, and the leatherwork skills are all John’s.

orig.jpg

Last edited:
The FIRST thing that *grabs* your attention is that handle. It's probably also the second thing... ;)

Adam @MilleBlades is a new maker, yet he's doing GREAT work right from the start.⁠

Here's his specs:⁠
Model: Principium meaning Beginning⁠

BL/OAL: Blade length is 8 1/4inches OAL 14 1/2 inches⁠

Material: Hand Forged 5160⁠

Forged_by: Adam Milleâ⁠

Bolster: 5160, 15 N 20, NI-200, and brass⁠

Handle: Cherry Burl⁠

Knife Comments: This knife will be donated to help Josh Mourton, Police Officer at Greenwood Arkansas Police Department fight cancer.⁠

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Damn! Claes Lofgren names this formidable knife the ‘Liberator’. That’s his sculpted bronze for the guard, and stabilized birch for the handle.

That feather-pattern blade damascus has a patina as well.

Bold and striking work from the Lofgren family. I will show father Thomas’ knife soon.

orig.jpg

Last edited:
WORLD quality cutlery from Thomas @LofgrenKnives. This Notable Scandinavian blade has Russian Zladinox steel and the carbon mozaic bolster features forging artist Vlad Mateeu.⁠

ALL of the components were then crafted together by veteran maker Thomas Lofgren.⁠

Note the Gecko!⁠

Thank you!⁠

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Remington 1123 Bullet pattern! Tim Robertson loads up three metals for the bullet: Copper, Brass and Stainless, and then fires off the smartest of stag for the scales. The perfectly centered dual blades have CPM154 steel.

I would be proud to carry THIS one!

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday BEST! Johnny Stout @StoutHandmadeKnives rises to the occasion and gives us a sermon on style and artistry. ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Fluted mammoth scales, and that’s Brian Bump engraving @Trails_of_Steel, with Doug Ponzio’s ‘Turkish twist’ steel.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣I’m lovin’ that clip blade and his rope filework. Amen!⁣

orig.jpg

Last edited:
The ‘Freelancer XL’ by Bob Ohlemann @RangerMadeKnives is trying to keep a low profile. But it’s got a supercharger under its hood. Powerful, tidy and unafraid of the largest cardboard box, this Urban Folder can get it done. Contact Bob for YOURS!

orig.jpg

Last edited:
This little STANDOUT has *only* a 2.5” blade @Darriel_Caston packs a LOT of desire into his ‘Pocket Rocket’ bali.

He’s making a short run of 30 of these, and then some larger sizes.

I KNOW what you’re thinkin’: That. IS. Cool!

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Pocket GOLD! @TobinHillKnives used the warmest of stag and that comfortable ‘canoe’ pattern to create a MOST pleasing folder.

Dual blades centered *perfectly*, and ONE is a mid-lock and the other is a slipjoint. SO cool!

Thank you Toby!

orig.jpg

Last edited:
When the honorary PRESIDENT of the ‘Texas Makers Cartel’ Bill Ruple presents his report, the boardroom quits talking and pays CLOSE attention!

BaBANG! this folder is off the charts cool. There are a LOT of straight lines and a few curves, too. That RED sets it off.

What do YOU think?

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, WHAT! @JeanLouisRegel1 with an extraordinary ‘fighter’. The blade is the mystical #wootz steel, the ivory is carved with an #artnuveau flair, and his wondrous engraving is whimsical and cheery.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣PLEASE enlarge and study how brilliant his sole-authorship work is.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣He is an ABS #Mastersmith, and this is testament to that educated ability.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Thank you Jean-Louis Regel!⁣

orig.jpg

Last edited:
TEN HUT! Tyler Turner @TurnerKnifeTool commands our attention with his tribute M3 Trench Knife.

Sculpted carbon fiber, and a powerful skull breaker cap.
Sheath by Piper Robertson, and it features a @damasteelab blade and zirconium bolster.

Look close and check out the original stamp from this series!

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Back