Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Australian TALENT! Jason @EllardBlacksmithing is renowned for his hammers, yet his FINE working skills are just as keen.⁠

Forged NOT with a power hammer, but with a 'flypress'.⁠

Note every nuance on this exemplary chef's utility knife.⁠

Model: integral mosaic chef⁠
BL/OAL: 155mm/300mm⁠
Material: mosaic composite damascus, 1084/15n20⁠
Forged_by: Jason Ellard⁠
Bolster: stainless damascus spacer and rear inlay ⁠
Handle: stabilised fiddleback tasmanian blackwood⁠
Sheath: Jason Ellard⁠
Knife Comments: all damascus forged without powered presses, all done on a flypress by hand.⁠

Ellard_210126.jpg

So, there we have it. ^^^ the above images are NOT my best visual quality, because I have reduced the filesize down to 50% quality. However, they are here and it's QUICK to post. This is key.

I will add images into this gallery daily, until I can't.

Thanks for viewing! Do they look acceptable to you?

I am overwhelmed this is Top Shelf,everyone a prize creations.
Cause I like a great tactical knives,those two wardog2079 pieces leave me in
Awe.

The images are acceptable to me,and the convenient links to the makers instagram page is really
nice and convenient,thank you so very much.

Awesome knives and awesome images - despite the limitations!

Curliest Mahogany I've ever seen, BTW

I've been patiently waiting for this thread to come back. I'm so happy that you have decided to post here again even with all the CRAP that you have to endure to share with us. I'm sure all will agree we appreciate your time and skill. I for one don't use face brute, Insta ham or any other social media that has ultimately ruined the youth of our society!!
Thank you very much for taking the time to figure out how to share your work with us in the best and acceptable way to you!!!!! This just made my weekend.. Stay safe and healthy there and keep em coming!!!

James

Last edited:
'Ax handle' folder. That's what @BillRuple calls this proud piece. Note HIS engraving all over it!⁠

Bill is on EVERYONE'S 'attaboy!' list. As he should be.⁠

Model: Ax handle⁠
Material: CPM-154⁠
Bolster: 416 ss⁠
Frame: 416ss⁠
Handle: Mammoth Ivory⁠

Ruple_210201.jpg

France + Egypt + China + USA = WOW! There is a LOT of ancestry in this remarkable folder.⁠

The *amazing* knife itself is by the uber-talented Alexis @LecocqKnives from France. .⁠

The Theme, of course, is of Ancient Egypt and King Tutankhamen's artifacts.⁠

The Engraving artistry is from born-Chinese master engraver @CJCaiEngraving, who is an American Citizen living in Hawaii, USA.⁠

Knife provided and available or similar from Paul at @KnifeLegends.com_ What a privilege to capture!⁠LeCocq_KL07.jpg

Zimmerman_210130.jpg *First Year* maker Curt Zimmerman impresses us with his passionate skills. He's well on his way to legendary. ⁠

LOOK at his steel!⁠

No IG yet, but he's on Facebook.⁠

Knife: Fixed Fighter⁠
BL/OAL: 9"/14.5"⁠
Material: Ball bearing sanmai⁠
Forged_by: Curt Zimmeermann⁠
Bolster: Ball bearing damascus⁠
Handle: fossilized walrus ivory⁠
Knife Comments: I've only been building knives close to 1 year and it has become a true passion of mine.⁠

MORE than meets the eye... @JordanLamotheBlades joined with @SunAndStarsForge to create a rare MASTERFUL chef's knife through steel...⁠

Model: Oroshigane Chef knife⁠
BL/OAL: 7.5/12"⁠
Material: Oroshigane (hearth refined steel)⁠
Forged_by: Steel made by Emiliano Carrillo⁠
Bolster: Integral bolster⁠
Handle: Bog oak, copper spacer and pin⁠
Knife Comments: This knife is a collaboration of sorts: Emiliano made the steel, using a Japanese re-melting technique to refine iron into blade steel. This is an uncommon material in today's knives, due to the amount of work involved, and we are unaware of anyone ever using this material in an integral-bolster design.⁠

Lamothe_210129.jpg

Fishing hooks? Yes! Adam @MilleBlades added visual interest in his *superb* bowie.⁠

Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 6 1/2" / 12 1/2"⁠
Material: 1080 High Carbon Steel with nickel Fishing Hooks and 1095⁠
Forged_by: Maker⁠
Bolster: 416 Stainless⁠
Handle: Fossilized Walrus Ivory⁠
Sheath: Adam Mille' - Hippo inlay skin⁠
Knife Comments: I made the blade from fish hook canister Damascus. ⁠

Mille_210205A.jpg

SPLASH of color! @McNeesCustomKnives created his venerable front-flipper tactical folder with all-day-long scales and Black Timascus appointments.⁠

Knife: Tactical Folder⁠
Model: Sodbuster Front Flipper⁠
BL/OAL: 3.125- 7.25⁠
Material: CPM20CV⁠
Handle: Titanium⁠
Knife Comments: Clip and backspacer are Black Timascus⁠

McNees_210205.jpg

You're starting to get this picture takin' thing down pretty good Coop. Image quality is great to my eye.
Greg

Thank you Greg. Display quality = Fair. Not a big deal tho!

WHAT a knife! Video SWIPE-->> Ken @WebbBlades takes COMMAND of his tools and materials and provided maximum impact.
Everything is overstated and accentuated, as it was commissioned!
Ken's a rising maker who deserves your attention. He got MINE!
Knife: Fixed Fighter
BL/OAL: 5 7/8" / 12"
Material: 1084/15N20
Forged_by: Mosaic Damascus forged by maker
Bolster: Forged Wrought Iron
Handle: Nickel-Silver, In-house forged Mokume Gane, Stabilized Spalted Maple Burl
Sheath: Hand stitched Sheath by maker
Knife Comments: Alligator Tail overlay and retention strap, Nickel-Silver strap button

Webb_210204.jpg

Look CLOSE! If you like *fine* detail, then @ScottGallagher04 delivers!⁠

His mosaic damascus is as exciting as it is useful. ⁠

ABS: Journey Smith⁠
Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 6"⁠
Material: mosaic damascus⁠
Forged_by: Maker⁠
Bolster: 24k gold inlay damascus⁠
Handle: fossil walrus ivory⁠

Gallagher_210211B.jpg

Back