Sharpen your KA-BAR using Rocks!

Hey Guys,

Made this video yesterday and finished up the editing this morning.

It can definitely be handy to know how to tune up your tools out in the field when you might not have your traditional sharpening equipment. It's a good skill to have when you accidentally screw up your edge on a short outing or even for a survival situation.

Please let me know if there is anything I missed in the video and thank you for watching!

Jesse

This reminds me of a time way back in the Boy Scouts when we decided to do this. Results varied widely, and it proved that a lot of us needed to go back and study the basics with a renewed commitment to details.

This reminds me of a time way back in the Boy Scouts when we decided to do this. Results varied widely, and it proved that a lot of us needed to go back and study the basics with a renewed commitment to details.

Gotta have the basics!

As kids we were shown all we really needed to know on how to take good care of knives. But as kids we didn't always appreciate the details that give good results. Also we may not have been exposed to the best teachers that could help us appreciate the finer points.

Can't say I've ever (had) to try this, I keep a DMT diamond stone wallet card on me always and belt. It's great to know it's doable tho, thanks for the walk- through. Think I'm gonna try this soon.

I touched up my BK9 using a river stone while sitting by my fire pit.
I was just too lazy to go get the "right " tool :)

The OP (and others) might like this video:

Back