Sharpening scissors

I plan on sharpening beauticians sheers, barely getting into sharpening of knives here. I have both a kme and sharpmaker, bought a couple of kleenkut sheets from ebay to start playing with sharpening.

How much does scissor sharpening cost?

I plan on sharpening beauticians sheers, barely getting into sharpening of knives here. I have both a kme and sharpmaker, bought a couple of kleenkut sheets from ebay to start playing with sharpening.

How much does scissor sharpening cost?

Household scissors are about the same rate as an 8" chef. Hairs shears are specialized and 15-20 to do.

Bear in mind decent basic hair shears run the stylist $200+ and better ones get to sticker shock realms. The Ookami Gold or Hira To are the industry standards for doing them. Woolfe industries makes them and has info on how to use them and those principles apply regardless of method.

G-son covered the basics of standard scissors but hair shears are another level. They are like 2 tiny high end yanigiba knives.

Jim

Are t
Household scissors are about the same rate as an 8" chef. Hairs shears are specialized and 15-20 to do.

Bear in mind decent basic hair shears run the stylist $200+ and better ones get to sticker shock realms. The Ookami Gold or Hira To are the industry standards for doing them. Woolfe industries makes them and has info on how to use them and those principles apply regardless of method.

G-son covered the basics of standard scissors but hair shears are another level. They are like 2 tiny high end yanigiba knives.

Jim

This is what sounds so enticing, sharpening highly expensive shears. That you could charge a premium to sharpen but it does come at a risk though, if you less up their shears, expect to pay for it dearly.

Alrighty then! It's in the middle of the night again and english is my second language, so this might not turn out as understandable as I hope, but if anything is unclear, just go ahead and ask ... You often learn more from messing up, than from doing things right.

I registered just to say thanks. I've messed up a pair of scissors and did learn from that experience, but expert opinions are needed to help guide one to achieve excellence.

mistakes are a part of learning for sure. I started with cheap scissors, and slowly worked up to more expensive scissors. I will not try the Japanese style double convex type, those things look extremely easy to ruin. For now, I am sticking with standard, straight bevel types of varying angles.
Start cheap, and if you make a mistake, at least it will not also hurt you wallet, just your pride.

Back