sharpmaker pass around

Hey All,

My house was the first stop in the journey for the sharpmaker pass around, I had it for 5 days before sending it out to the next stop and these were my impressions.

1. I have always used more traditional shapening stones, but getting used to the sharpmaker system took only a minimum of time to re-train my hands, by the time I shipped it out I felt like an old pro.

2. The instruction book was very clear and well photographed, I really did rely on it to get me started out until I commited the steps to memory.

3. I can't give an opinion on the video, I broke my VCR about a year ago, and have been using my DVD player exclusively.

4. Even my wife learned to use the sharpmaker well after only a short read of the instruction booklet (she hasn't sharpened anything in her entire life!)

5. I used it to sharpen everthing in my house, I even brought home some Metzenbaum scissors from the vet hospital I work at, and received very positive feedback from our Surgeons.Every edge sharpened was at least a noticable improvement over any system I have used before.

6. I will buy my own as soon as I can swing it.

Cheers,
Wotanson

Back