1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

sharpmaker pass around

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by wotanson, Jan 13, 2004.

1. wotanson

wotanson

Nov 8, 2003
    Hey All,

My house was the first stop in the journey for the sharpmaker pass around, I had it for 5 days before sending it out to the next stop and these were my impressions.

1. I have always used more traditional shapening stones, but getting used to the sharpmaker system took only a minimum of time to re-train my hands, by the time I shipped it out I felt like an old pro.

2. The instruction book was very clear and well photographed, I really did rely on it to get me started out until I commited the steps to memory.

3. I can't give an opinion on the video, I broke my VCR about a year ago, and have been using my DVD player exclusively.

4. Even my wife learned to use the sharpmaker well after only a short read of the instruction booklet (she hasn't sharpened anything in her entire life!)

5. I used it to sharpen everthing in my house, I even brought home some Metzenbaum scissors from the vet hospital I work at, and received very positive feedback from our Surgeons.Every edge sharpened was at least a noticable improvement over any system I have used before.

6. I will buy my own as soon as I can swing it.

Cheers,
    Wotanson