Sheath for dagger

Hi everyone! Completed new sheath for the dagger Kizlyar KO-1. Very nice dagger I should say, well balased and comfortable in hand. Aus-8, very sharp. Caucasian nutwood and leather on the handle. About materials, it's heavy veg tanned leather, natural colour, oil and RTC from Bee Natural Leather care on top.

Thanks for watching comments are welcome.

Thank you! Glad you liked. It's the first time when I used basketweave stamp such a not traditional way. I think, I can do it better in some little details. But I liked how it turned out, for the first time.

Last edited:
The basket weave isn't my cup of tea but goes well with a sharp dagger imho

I like the southern cross on the back!

Why did you place the strap so high on the handle, doesn't it move up and down like that?

The basket weave isn't my cup of tea but goes well with a sharp dagger imho

I like the southern cross on the back!

Why did you place the strap so high on the handle, doesn't it move up and down like that?

That's good question, thank you. I've been thinking to make the strap closer to the mouth of sheath, at the beginning, but the guard is quite wide and leather is too hard and heavy to put the strap in so narrow place. So, I decided to put it a bit above the widest place of the handle. Some time before I saw the Ka Bar USMC sheath, it has quite similar form of handle, so I though... why not.

If you posted a pics after your question I don't see them as the same as in your thread about scandi, I don't know why.

Last edited:
Back