Sheath for Sarsquatch

Hey Robert, posted over in sheaths and such but thought you might be able to help as well.

The Busse Sarsquatch has a blade width of 1.93". I tried to fit it to a SpecOps survival sheath and the combat master, no luck, even tried reforming the insert.

Do you have any suggestions for a similar sheath that might fit? How about the new version of the survival sheath you are working on? The current version is SO close to fitting.

If it's so close to fitting, remolding the insert should be no problem. You just take up the Sarsquatch (with extra tape near the choil/ricassoy area), and heat and insert the knife a little at a time. Did it for my Chopweiler and it went from just a hair too tight/small to absolutely perfect.

SARHound at the swamprat.com forum has posted step-by-step instructions for wedding Busse family blades to the Survival and related Spec Ops sheaths.

I hope it can be made to fit since I just ordered the large Survival Sheath for my incoming Sarsquatch. I have done wonders with that insert and a heat gun before, so I assume it can be shoehorned in there ;) I also read that the blade width was 1.75", is that not correct?

Unless my just calibrated calipers are wrong, my blade was about 1.93 - 1.94 at it's widest.

If it will fit, it is going to be very, very close. Even with the insert out, the blade rubs every so slightly going into the cordura(?).

I had my insert heated up in boiling water to the point it was flopping around, and still couldn't get the blade to go in the insert.

I don't think it will fit.

A custom insert will be needed, or a wider sheath, which is coming in next week.

Thanks Robert, I'll stay on idle and see what comes around the next few weeks; may get you to do a custom insert as well for the Combat Master if you do those.

They are the same liner, so that will work.

Hello Robert any updates on the wider blade survival sheaths for the Busse Sarsquatch knife.

Jules

How big is that? Judging by the name it must be a little large.

How big is that? Judging by the name it must be a little large.

Robert, it's 12 3/4" overall. Handle is 5 1/2" long. Handle Scale @ it's widest point 1 1/2" in middle and 7/8" thick. Blade is 7 1/4" long. Blade width is 1 15/16" (A wide Puppie!:eek:) . Blade thickness is 3/16"

The problem is the blade is almost 2" wide, we need a fat sheath!:D

Jules

No problem. I've got a Battle Mistress liner going, so that should fit just a bit shorter.

No problem. I've got a Battle Mistress liner going, so that should fit just a bit shorter.

sounds great. will it still fit the current size survival sheath? or will there be a new wide-body survival sheath made? If so will it be made in the usual colors, tan, OD and black?

Jules

sounds great. will it still fit the current size survival sheath? or will there be a new wide-body survival sheath made? If so will it be made in the usual colors, tan, OD and black?

Jules

Yes, please let us know. I need to get this squatch sheathed up, it's begging to get in the woods with me. Also sent you an email on a possible thigh rig setup, let me know when you get a chance.

Jules

It will be wider, basically made for the blade one at a time.

Hello Robert, any current updates or availabilities on the Extra-Large Survival Sheath? ...for the wide blade knives.

Jules

I'm waiting on the prototype still. Going back and forth to get it right to release.

(( hello,i'm new here and ... this is not a spam! Hello right back atcha and yes it is SPAM !!! ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Back